First Hand Gun

First Time

I went to the range for the first time Saturday. Got some basic instruction on stance and grip from one of the pros there. As I mentioned before I have shot long guns my whole life. Other than 2 rounds out of a friends 380 this was my first time to ever shoot a hand gun. My 1st 30 rounds were in the group on bullseye at 3 yards (9 feet.) The 2nd 30 rounds up by 8 & 9 were from 5 yards (15 feet) aiming at the 8. ...just trying to get extra use out of the target. ;) Shooting a little left from farther out. Will work on that next time.

11623d1343606132-first-hand-gun-img_1081.jpg

On the recommendation of a friend I ordered 3 Korean made magazines from a shop in Abilene Texas for about $7.50 each. The Glock brand ones are about $35. They seem to be just as good quality as the Glock mags. You can barely tell any difference. ....and they seem to function perfectly after about 300 rounds.

11622d1343606132-first-hand-gun-img_1078.jpg

I am scheduled to take the Texas CHL course on August 19th. At the range today I simulated the shooting test and I can happily say I should have no problems passing.

Last edited:
2nd Hand Gun

Just picked up a Ruger SR22. It will be for correcting shooting issues with me and for my wife to shoot when I go to the range. I am hoping she enjoys it. This Ruger is the perfect size for her. The additional larger grip and mag extensions make it feel pretty damn good in my hand too.

11830d1345334104-first-hand-gun-ruger_sr22.jpg

Have fun tomorrow!

In curious to hear what you think about the course and the cheap mags. Feeding and grip are the main sources of stoppage.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

The cheap mags I bought for the Glock are perfect. Run about 600 rounds through them so far without any issues.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

In curious to hear what you think about the course.

Course was great. The vast majority of the course was on the law and consequences of using justified deadly force. Some real eye openers.

Still have to:
Apply with the State - $170
Get my digitally finger printed - ~$10)
Mail in all remaining criteria including certificate from today's class.

Beretta PX4 Storm .40 on layaway. That did not last long.

Did my first fill on job on my Glock 19 (Zombie Hunter).

12372d1351028472-first-hand-gun-dsc04306.jpg

12373d1351028472-first-hand-gun-dsc04310.jpg

Also got some Tridium Night Sights for it.

12374d1351028472-first-hand-gun-554782_4033947645862_346089493_n.jpg

P.S. CHL is in the mail finally. State guberment sure ain't fast. ;)

Have fun tomorrow!

In curious to hear what you think about the course and the cheap mags. Feeding and grip are the main sources of stoppage.

BTW - 1500 rounds through the glock now and not one failure to feed or eject. Gun and mags are rock solid. These cheaper mags only seem to be available in 9mm though.

Don't mess with Texas!

That is actually an Anti-litter campaign...... but you are right, we should not litter in Texas or anywhere else for that matter....

Otherwise, it may be in your interest to request that a Moderator lock the thread but The 1st Amendment To The Constitution Of The United States Of America guarantees the freedom of speech.

Actually first amendment rights have no jurisdiction on a internet forum since this is essentially private property belonging to the person who started and manages this site. There is no free speech on private property.

Nice guns btw. I am not really into them, but I did get a chance to shoot a 20 and 12 gauge shotgun at some clay disks last year, that was a blast!

Actually first amendment rights have no jurisdiction on a internet forum since this is essentially private property belonging to the person who started and manages this site. There is no free speech on private property.

This is very true. The moderators of this forum (myself included) will follow the wishes of it's owner to the letter. :):nothing:

This is very true. The moderators of this forum (myself included) will follow the wishes of it's owner to the letter. :):nothing:

Well, you can always say people are free to post what they like.... in the appropriate thread or category, barring hate-speech or other restrictions like death threats and the like, so you're not 'treading on thee', but like other freedoms, there are appropriate areas to use them.

Thread-jacking is like trespassing! ;)

Nice guns - I am thinking about the same Ruger for myself for carrying. :cowboy:

Back