Ever done something so dumb?

That you wonder how you still have all your body parts still in tact and are still running around?

Yesterday at work I shot an 18 gauge trim nail through my finger. Yup all the way through... Hurt like hell. Nail blew through the piece of trim I was putting on and continued thru my finger. As soon as I did it I was like Wtf was I thinking... Shoulda known better than hold it like I was.
Somehow it didn't go thru the bone, both the doc and I were surprised by the x Ray not showing any bone damage because it sure looks like it would've hit the bone.

Ah, the joys of pneumatic nailers.

I tried to take my thumb off last year with skil saw. Thankfully, just a flash would, but I'm REALLY aware of what I'm doing now with anything that can cause bodily harm.

Sent from: GS4

I'm glad your okay bud. Just do us a favor and stay away from the circular saw!!! :poke:

Me too. Guy I was working with launched a piece of trim off the mitre saw and across the room yesterday too. He scared hell out of himself.

When I shot myself he comes walking back in and says "you just shot a nail in your finger didn't ya Dumb f***?"

A guy that I worked with years ago did a real number on his thumb pushing wood into a circular saw. I have always been VERY careful using them, and always use another piece of wood to push wood through the saw. After what I saw, I'll never use my hand near a saw blade.

Happened to me when I was riveting tags to the grab handle on some plastic bins at work.
The 1/8 drill bit went through the 2nd layer of plastic like it wasn't even there and stopped in the bone of one of my fingers...not fun!

plastic_bins.jpg

We need to see pics! If everyone else shares I will bust out my big flesh wound from the old days! Warning, may not be good viewing for those with sensitive stomachs!

I once dropped a 2.5 lb jar of peanut butter on my big toe. Destroyed my toe and was unable to walk for weeks. For years afterwards, if I stepped wrong, it would make a popping noise and give me intense pain. It's fine now but it still pops from time to time. No pain, though

I nearly took my thumb off whilst splitting firewood with a hatchet I'd spent ages sharpening.
Chop, chop, chop, thud.......[emoji43]

It went 1/3 way through the side of my thumb, stopping in the middle of my nail, resting on the bone. It smarted a bit! Cried like a little girl I did! [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I sliced the tip off my pinky on a deli slicer. Fortunately I had it set to slice extra thin and the tip grew back.

Another time I got my hair caught on the shaft of a paint mixer at work, it yanked a big clump of hair out and banged my skull pretty hard. The hair did grow back.

Back