92 VFR750F upgrade build

fazer1sniper

I got started on this bike my last weekend off. I had previously installed a 2000 R6 race tail and am adding an inverted set of forks from a Suzuki TL1000r I found in a bone yard.
Got the front forks installed, with bearings, brakes bled and working, it's back to a roller.
tailfab.jpg

Next plan before paint is to clean up and seal up the tail.
tailfab1.jpg

This is in mock up before drilled to mount solid ansd before any hardware. I like how its comming together..
tailfab2.jpg

tailfab3.jpg

tailfab6.jpg

Got the tail all bolted together and trimmed up the diamond plate. Tore it all down and started paint prep. Only got the tail in prime before I quit. The heat today was killer. Back to the 12 hour shifts tomorrow till Friday, then back to the VFR.
u7-51.jpg

u7-52.jpg

I got 2 parts in color today. Still doing repairs on a bunch more.
7-94.jpg

7-99.jpg

I know you dont see it all that much but I cleaned up and shot header paint on exhaust parts.
7-98.jpg

7-96.jpg

Exhaust work finished up today. All buttoned up and pipe back on, now in header wrap.
7-101.jpg

7-102.jpg

7-103.jpg

Several Body panels in stages of paint.
7-10.jpg

3 More parts, still need to repair. SLower than I wanted it to move faster, but paint, bondo, filler & glaze only dries so fast...
7-106.jpg

7-108.jpg

One more 12hr midnite shift tonite before I jump back into this build. Have a new plan on the undertail/tail lite and a few other things to nail down. Waiting on the suzuki front fender. 4 or 5 more pannels to get into final paint before clear and sand and polish. Tail is the only peice done to that point.
7-132.jpg

One more 12hr midnite shift tonite before I jump back into this build. Have a new plan on the undertail/tail lite and a few other things to nail down. Waiting on the suzuki front fender. 4 or 5 more pannels to get into final paint before clear and sand and polish. Tail is the only peice done to that point.

Nice work as always Sniper! I can't wait to see the finished product.

I see that Honda was ahead of the game with the integrated signals molded into the fairing as opposed to a install after the fact.

Again, Nice Work!

You have a knack for turning junk into gold! Well done! :D

I'd love to do a project bike! The local garage has several including two OLD Triumph Bonneville bikes. I may go see what the deal is on them! I can trade in the scooter for one (or two) :tup:

This is about the vintage of them but they are not in THIS great shape!!!
Triumph-Bonneville-T120-69.jpg

you have a knack for turning junk into gold! Well done! :d

i'd love to do a project bike! The local garage has several including two old triumph bonneville bikes. I may go see what the deal is on them! I can trade in the scooter for one (or two) :tup:

This is about the vintage of them but they are not in this great shape!!!
triumph-bonneville-t120-69.jpg

i see cafe racer!

Got it sanded and polished today...
7-23-100.jpg

7-23-101.jpg

Morrors out of paint and mounted...
7-23-104.jpg

Kristin's (had to have) tank protector...
7-23-107.jpg

WHY I NEED A FENDER...
7-23-103.jpg

One again hope full of the fender showing up with the mail tomorrow.

Now I am questioning if the seat should stay black.... I allways hated colored or white covered seats, But this bike has me thinking.
7-23-105.jpg

Back