Zzr600?

Just want to ask the masses a question.

Last year was my girlfriends first year on a bike. I got her a 95 Ninja 500 to start on. She did great. Well, after doing a 550 mile trip with it and now starting this new season we both feel its time for her to get something a little bigger.

I may have a way to get a 2003 Kawasaki ZZR600 with I think around 12K on the clock for under 1500 bucks. Friend of mine got it at auction and wants to sell it to me to help me out.

Anyways, how are these bikes? It seems to be the same body style of her bike as it is now, just with a lot more power and better brakes. I am supposed to go see the bike tomrorow, but I am more so asking as far as reliability and whatnot with them.

Thanks!

Hey Papa good to see you around. The ZZR is the 99-2002 ZX6R and was produced until recently, kinda like the R6S. My 2001 was a great bike with fantastic brakes(6 pistons up front) and great mid range for a 600. Parts are readily available.

Twice the power and a way better chassis. It'll make the EX500 look like a sloppy plate of spaghetti, she should have fun on that! :)

Why not just move up to an FZ1 so you two have matching bikes?

Last edited:
I had a ZZR for about four months a few years ago. Very comfy and really great all around bike. I traded it for an 03 R6 for two reasons: I like the style of the R6 more and I'm really short and the ZZR is extremely heavy. One other thing I could point out is that if you're in a very windy area like I am the thing acts like a sail.

Back