YZFriderNY's Yamahauler Thread

I'm back upstairs and the last of the Tuning Forks is now drying. Other than the red outline, it's pretty much done. I'm still waiting for the masking tape from the bodyshop guy. It's the same old story when you need to rely on other people to get things I guess. By tomorrow I'll at least be able to fold it up and roll it out of the way in time to finish the YZF on Saturday. Here are the pics....................

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

I know it's pretty late but I just got caught up hanging out in the garage. I got the Logo done this evening as well as the new Trailer Jack to make my life easier. I also brought home a couple of 2x4's that I'm going to mount the ramp to and hang in the mounts on one side of the trailer. I don't want to bolt it down to the deck like I had and ruin my paint job. I'll finish that up tomorrow. Here are the pics of everything done including the wheel chock. It came out alright for a first time attempt at such a big Logo I think.

After removing the stencil and touching up with the black......
IMG_3298.jpg

A view from the rear............
IMG_3299.jpg

The new Trailer Jack installed. Now this is going to be a handy item!
IMG_3301.jpg

The wheel chock installed and the side brackets for the ramp painted....
IMG_3302.jpg

From the rear. The Logo isn't perfect but it lines up nicely with everything.
IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

Tomorrow I'll roll her out into the sunlight and snap some shots before folding it up and storing it. If the bodyshop guy ever brings me the masking tape, I'll get the Red border finished as well. Until then, this is it!

Looks great to me Billy! I like the idea of hanging the ramp rather than bolting to the deck. You may even have room for one of the tongue storage boxes. ;)

Dee Zee DZ91717P - Specialty Series Poly Triangle Trailer Storage Box - Performance Parts

Thanks for the link Eric. Thats pretty cool and looks like it would fit perfectly to the trailer. At just over a hundred bucks, it's a no brainer!

nice job Billy....looks a neat and very practical trailer...:+2:

Thanks Arnold! It's probably one of the best purchases I've made. I already made back more than half the cost!

Considering everyone scores in the league, I would still say we won do the fact the Player "Emma" who we had at the pitcher position stoped a line drive and through it to Ryan on first and he handled the ball and touched the bag before the runner got there. It was the only out of the day so yes we won by one. lol

The kids played great.

I got out late this morning with Richie to both get the brakes done on the Olds and to finish the ramp for the trailer. I can see the "younger" me in Richie when it comes to wrenching. When I was his age it was normal to see me "greasy and grimey" on a regular basis. Now, I don't want to be dirty at all. Gloves and hand cleaner are always at the ready. Not for Richie though!

IMG_3326.jpg

I just love delegating authority these days. Get those lugs off!, set the jackstand in place!, bring those wrenches here! I feel like a surgeon!
IMG_3327.jpg

Just look at that face!!! He looked like he was ready for a football game!
IMG_3328.jpg

Anyhow, once we were finished with the Olds, I had him help me with the trailer. It really looks great out in the sun.
IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

I set down two pieces of 4x4 to keep the height even, and drilled through the mounting 2x4's and the ramp, and secured it with 3/8 Carraige Bolts.
IMG_3332.jpg

I drilled through the metal bracket and will secure that with a clevis pin when I'm on the road. Once I have the bike on the trailer, I'm going to mark it for two runners for either side of the rear wheel to prevent any side to side motion.
IMG_3333.jpg

Back