YZF Winter Spruce Up 2012

Thanks bud! We are finally getting some nice weather this week but unfortunately I need to use the car for work. I have a bunch of packages coming this week in the mail. Goodies for the Pontiac!!!

Road salt sucks! Imagine why are roads are so bad. If it can totally trash a bike in 14 days, imagine the roads that have it sitting on top the entire winter!

So, your package is so big you need 4 wheels to carry it? :smokin2: :spank2: lolup
big+package+logo.jpg

ive-got-a-pretty-big-package_o_1099556.jpg

Kate-Upton-Cat-Daddy-GIF_6.gif

Last edited:
Well, I have gotten 4 items with still another three on the way today. That will be 7 total so it won't look much different than the picture! Haha!!

Wait! Fed Ex just walked in with my new headlights!!! WooHoo!!!

Well, I made it home. My car looked very close to the picture Tony! What arrived???, Monroe Quick Struts for the front
Front Headlights
New Dip Stick
AC Delco Spark Plugs
AC Delco Fuel Pressure Regulator
Acura Timing Belt Kit W/ Water Pump (Richie's Car)
Cable Lube Kit For The YZF
Montel Williams Health Master Elite (Time To Juice!!!)
Riders Of Kawasaki Roadside Assistance Kit
FelPro Alum Lower Intake Gasket Set
:yes:

Man!! What a cache of goodies!!!!

I have to say that this year's Riders Of Kawasaki Kit is flippin' beautiful! Take a look at this...........

IMG_4679_zpsf85015b9.jpg

The case is a water proof item that holds a kickstand puck, pen, pin, and your card with all info in case you break down. The case is super heavy duty and has a water proof gasket to seal it! Very nice! You can't go wrong for $30 bucks a year.

IMG_4681_zps55a88513.jpg

Here's the rest of today's haul with the exception of the Quick Struts which were too heavy to carry upstairs, and Richie's Timing Belt Kit. I left those in my trunk until the weekend.

IMG_4684_zpsecb10e49.jpg

The headlights are a one-piece water tight design and look awesome!

IMG_4685_zpsd9dd7d54.jpg

I think I'm gonna ride to work tomorrow since I was lucky to get most of the big stuff today, so First Ride Report tomorrow!!!

More Goodies arrived for the Pontiac today at work.

A set of Badazz Tail Lights came. Most definitely way better than the stockers!

IMG_4688_zps51c710ff.jpg

The Taylor 8mm Wire Set which are super slick!

IMG_4689_zps4fcbc130.jpg

Lastly, the new Fuel Pressure Regulator.

IMG_4690_zps26d9159a.jpg

The nice thing about it all is the guy who is doing the job Saturday saw my post with all my goodies and PM'd me to tell me to bring everything I have and we'll install it all while we are there. SWEET!!!

I just wanted to thank Tony (NJFZ1), for finding me the "Holy Grail" of parts for my YZF! Not only did he find the only cracked part on my entire bike, the Left Side Rear Panel, but it was N.O.S. Brand New, never mounted on a YZF, and had been on a shelf since 1997! If you thought that wasn't enough, he also found it in the very rare Black/Silver Combo!!! Holy Crap!!!! This left rear panel, without any cracks towards the front, are all but impossible to get. Remarkably, the guy either didn't know what he had, or just needed some dough, cause I only paid $99 bucks for it and $10 bucks for shipping!!! First my new boots for $50 bucks and now this! Can it get any better??!!! Thanks Tony!!! You Da Man!!!!

IMG_20130805_140942_zpsf2af87d4.jpg

IMG_20130805_140852_zps88f7d228.jpg

Glad I could help you out buddy! That was definitely a great score for that price. That part has long been discontinued from Yamaha so it's practically impossible to find (at least here in the US).

Yet another "Score" from Tony! Between the Body Panel and this pretty little set, I can now say that the YZF is officially done with any and all mods! Can't wait to get them on the bike! Thanks again Tony!

IMG_0065_zps5ccd1541.jpg

***Side Panel And Shorties Installed***

I got the new side panel and Shorty Levers installed on the YZF this afternoon. Once again, thanks to Tony for all the help obtaining these parts for me. The side panel was a new N.O.S. piece that was on a shelf since 1997 and is rare enough that it has no cracks in it whatsoever. I applied JB Weld's 2 Part Epoxy last night on the two pins that sit in the rubber grommets to strengthen them, and let it dry overnight. The Shorty Levers are a high quality set that I bought from Tony last week.

Got the cracked side panel off in no time.

IMG_0095_zps0de84b99.jpg

IMG_0097_zps7e49ed86.jpg

Before installing the new panel, I took some silicone spray and lubed up both front and rear grommets as per Tony's instructions to allow the pins to slide in easily.

IMG_0101_zpsd7389652.jpg

IMG_0102_zps05eb7214.jpg

I figured I'd clean up the chain, rear hugger, swingarm, wheels, and exhaust, before installing the new panel.

IMG_0100_zps76d178d1.jpg

IMG_0099_zps2c2078c4.jpg

Once everything was clean I installed the new side panel. It looks sweet on the bike!
IMG_0103_zpsc82984ba.jpg

IMG_0104_zpsce5449be.jpg

Next was installment of the Clutch Lever. No need to reuse the bushing as the lever was the exact size already. Bonus!
IMG_0106_zps18e8b548.jpg

The same deal with the brake side of things. No need to use the old bushing. She fit right in and looks fab!
IMG_0111_zps0e1652cb.jpg

Here's how it looks from the cockpit view.
IMG_0108_zps22be9b5a.jpg

Last but not least, I applied the new Synto Decals on the Yamahauler! Ready for my ride tomorrow up to Woodstock to see another "Mint" YZF that is for sale.
IMG_0118_zps6001f29c.jpg

Thanks for looking. Now if I could just find the elusive Rear Cowl my journey will be complete!

Nice !

Holy Cow Billy .. . . She looks sweet ! Nice work. Tony must have a 'sixth-sense' on finding those rather rare, long lost, production parts . .. ! wooowhoooo !

Back