Yup, its winter

as the motorcycle forums are dead...

That said we Texans are well into our second ridding season of the year, Sept thru Dec.

Today I'm off to Luckenbach for the Harvest Classic, then tomorrow down to Goliad for the Texas Mile.

Harvest Classic European and Vintage Motorcycle Rally in Luckenbach, Texas to Support Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation

TEXAS MILE // OFFICIAL SITE // 3 DAYS, 1 MILE: NO SPEED LIMIT

The Southwest will keep the boards alive for the next few moths for sure. I am hoping to still make another three sisters run this year.

Even the northerners will keep it going as this is our modding time, when we can dismantle the bike and take our time with creations without any concerns of lost riding time. I'll do my very best to keep some activity going here. :D I have some projects that will be taking place these next few months. Watch for some more threads soon!

We ride year round out west except when we get snow a few weeks out of the year. The winter is the best riding- no bugs, no heat, no RV's clogging up the twisty's and no Harleys in big groups thinking they own the road at 50mph.
Today? rain... good day to change the brake fluid on the dualsports with my new mighty vac. and perhaps sneak in a afternoon ride-no dust.

WTF is freezing fog? Sounds like Zombies are about to start roaming.

Just go to a local Tim Horton's coffee shop (like a Dunkin' Donuts only much better). All the Zombies hang out there in the morning. Freezing fog leaves a layer of ice on anything it touches. It builds up layer after layer when you drive through it. I had an antenna break off a truck that I was driving through freezing fog because it just got too heavy to support the weight. It was about 2" around when it gave up.

Last edited:
Sure Sign

This morning on the chilly -2*C (27* F) commute I saw a sure sign of Winter. The unmistakeable wet stripes of Calcium Chloride on the bridge decks and approaches, that is put down to prevent ice from forming on these surfaces. I hate riding over this stuff as it is very hard on metal, etc. May have to give in to the reality of northern climates and start taking the cage. OH THE HORROR! It has been a long, good season of riding.:surrender:

Last edited:
This is my favorite time of year to ride :D I don't sweat while riding this time of year and there is less traffic because there aren't so many teenage out-of-towners driving to the beach, though there are plenty of snowbirds (retiree Northerners that go on vacation in the South during the Winter) driving 20mph everywhere :doh2:

It is also my favorite time as well and for a lot of the same reasons. But, we're edging up to too cold here right away. Time to start thinking about the list of mods, teardown, cleaning, polishing, maintenance etc... all to prepare for next spring.

This is my favorite time of year to ride :D I don't sweat while riding this time of year and there is less traffic because there aren't so many teenage out-of-towners driving to the beach, though there are plenty of snowbirds (retiree Northerners that go on vacation in the South during the Winter) driving 20mph everywhere :doh2:

"snowbirds" is a good name for them, just sent a whole flock your way from a local camp ground where they "nest" for the summer LOL

Back