Your verizon phone choice...

Matt C.

Hey guys, Im due for an upgrade and am gonna get a new phone in a few weeks. Which phone would you pick. I suppose the Iphone is top dog right now but Im not tech savvy so I dont know which one would really be the best. I use my phone now for work some, playing on facebook, checking my email, and surfing the fz1 forum. I'd like to know what you guys think.

Thanks

Matt

ANDROID BABY! I had the I 3 and 4, went to android and not going back. Not calling the "I" device a bad one, they are well built phones. but if you like to really mess with your phone, making it yours, android is great. Also, itunes sucks, the Google system is so much easier without fighting I control. So far I like HTC phones the best. Her moto came with a hardware problem, wtf?

I am an Android also.
I really dig the Galaxy S2 but I wish that I waited a few months and got the Galaxy pad. That thing looks sweet!!!!
The only bad thing about the S2 - it is so thin - I an slick with the carbon fiber - I drop that sucker all the time.... LOL..... I can testify that it's durable. :D

Just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon and I'm happy with it. Much thinner than my old Evo 4G on Sprint, and now I can actually take advantage of the 4G speeds. I had to switch to a non-unlimited plan, so I'm paying more attention to my data usage, but 4GB seems to be more than enough for my normal usage.

My wife has an iPhone, and I have used it a few times. It's slick and the interface is smooth, but I still prefer my Android. Google has done a great job with the "cloud" interface. I didn't do anything special to back up my contacts, calendar, email, etc. and it was all "magically" available once I signed in to my account with the new phone.

The "killer app" for me with Android, though, is the Google Maps "My Maps" integration. I use my phone for navigation and it works absolutely wonderfully. I have planned multi-day trips on my PC, dragging routes around to the twistiest roads that I can find. Once I've massaged the route to my liking, I can save it to "My Maps" using the desktop PC and the immediately open the route on my phone. It's not turn-by-turn directions, and there aren't audio prompts, but it shows a blue line highlighting the route that I planned on my desktop. I can put the phone in my tank bag's map pocket, or on a custom-built mount that I have, and a quick glance at the screen will let me know what I need to do to follow the pre-planned route.

There is also a "My Tracks" application that will record the route that you're riding and save it automatically to your Google account as a map, document, or spreadsheet. These all include trip information like maximum speed, elapsed time, and some other statistics. When it comes to motorcycling these two applications are the most impressive and useful on the phone.

The Galaxy S3 also integrates quite well with my Sena SMH-10. When I push the "phone" button on the Sena, it opens the Samsung S-Voice application (similar to Siri on the iPhone). I can open applications, make calls and a host of other features are available (that I haven't fully explored).

I talked with a verizon employee that trades with the shop i work at today. She told me that I could do so much more with the Galaxy than the Iphone. Im gonna go play with them in the store and let her show me some ins and outs. Thanks a ton for the help

Matt

Where I work we have selected iPhone 5. Up until last week we were going to offer 2 couple of Androids and Apple, but 95% of people wanted the Apple so we dropped the Androids.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Androids are no where near as reliable in a corporate Active sync environment as iPhone. Outside of that I like android better.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Never have I or will I purchase an Apple product.

Litigating, Hypocritical, un-inventive, calling them selves visionaries after stealing other peoples products. Then suing anyone they viewed as competition.
because their product has now been surpassed, and is on its decline

I've been happy with my Galaxy S3... I got this summer after having the DROID RAZR for a while... There really is no comparison to even other Android phones... It's so amazingly fast... The RAZR was no pig... But the S3 is in a whole different league. I'd recommend it very highly.

All of that said... If you hand a child or an old person an iPhone, they can figure it out. The device is just a bit more intuitive. I absolutely hate everything about the company, and think that every single one of their products are overpriced junk.... But they are made for people who are not at all tech savvy.

––New Galaxy S3

Thanks for the replies. Im not necessarily an Apple fan. I have the old Droid Incredible now and it has been a good phone. The only thing about the S3 is the size. I keep my phone in my pocket all day and dont really want a big phone. The iphone is about the same size as my incredible. And when I put an otterbox or whatever on the S3 itll be gigantic I'm afraid. Thats why the iphone is still in the fight. Ive read so many good things about the S3

Thanks

Matt

I understand about the size of the phone... I work in construction.. so, I wear Carhartt pants every day... My requirement is that the phone must fit into the side phone pocket of the pants(the little pocket at knee level). I never have it in any other pocket... so... as long as it fits there, it's all gravy. When I had my Razr, it wouldn't cram into that pocket with the Otterbox Defender on... but the S3 fits in that pocket no problem in its Otterbox...

Interestingly enough, tonight as I've been drawing up some plans, I've been using the S3 with its included headphones to listen to Pandora.... by far the best music device I've had in years... the sound quality is really amazing.. I'm impressed... and the headphones are actually comfortable... so bonus.

Another iPhone 4S owner here. Love it. I'm not going to get the 5 yet; will wait for the 6, or 5S or whatever comes next, since I can't upgrade without paying full price. :)

I had an Android phone (Droid X)... worked great for 3 mos, then started sucking. I couldn't be rid of it fast enough. Android is to smartphones what Windows is to computers... crap.

Rob

I moved from an HTC Incredible to the iPhone 4S. There are things I miss about the Android, like widgets, but even though the battery life was improving with updates, it still wasn't good. I hated having to force close stuff just to have it auto re-open. I guess I'm too dumb to get the Android set up properly. I also HATED with a passion how Android handled email and contacts. That's the main reason I switched. I had a first gen iPod touch and liked it. I am not an apple person. I don't own anything apple except my iPhone and a few iPods.

I see android as Linux, if you have the time and knowledge, you can mold
It to what you want. It's functional out of the box, but not polished.

Apple also has an advantage by having standardized hardware so apps work the same on each iPhone (generation specific, of course). I think we all know the iPhone 5 will be out soon and have 4G, but as of now, almost all new Android phones come with 4G LTE and the iPhone 4S is stuck with 3G. Androids all have large screens compared to the iPhone 4S, but you can reach all the screen with one thumb (I'm not sure you can with some of the new giant screens). Siri isn't the best thing, and Google voice works pretty well too, but I think the new update for iOS will make Siri much more useful. (Great for riding with a bluetooth headset.)

There's my :2cents:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otm4RusESNU"]That's All I Have To Say About That- Forrest Gump Quote - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back