Your local dealer.

WMU_BRONCO

I searched the Internet and Ebay looking for a deal on a Pirelli Angel ST 180/55ZR17. About the best I could find was $160. So I went down to my local dealer (M&M Motor Sports in Kalamazoo, Michigan) and bought it for $136.96 total including tax. I had always "assumed" a better price on the Internet, but I guess it is not always true.

Moral of the story: When you have found your best price on the Internet, check your local dealer before you buy.

I searched the Internet and Ebay looking for a deal on a Pirelli Angel ST 180/55ZR17. About the best I could find was $160. So I went down to my local dealer (M&M Motor Sports in Kalamazoo, Michigan) and bought it for $136.96 total including tax. I had always "assumed" a better price on the Internet, but I guess it is not always true.

Moral of the story: When you have found your best price on the Internet, check your local dealer before you buy.

And your local dealer will like that to. Always good to do your research before a purchase. Glad it worked out.

I purchase everything from one local dealer, I paid retail at first, but after a while they started giving me sale prices or a fixed % above store cost. When my engine failed, they didn't charge me. They've traded valve shims with me at no cost (I give the sizes I have in trade for what I need.)

Sometimes I still pay full retail, but that is a fair trade for having them there when I need them.

My local dealer is satffed with pretty cool catsw, so I don't mind paying (nominally) more at their shop knowing that I'm paying their wages and not some chimp in a warehouse. That way, when I need some help, they're glad to treat me like a person instead of running a meter while they talk to me or look at my bike. Paying labour is one thing, I mean, they have a business to run, but they don't have to be as cool as they are when it comes to me prefering to work on my own bike, and giving me exploded diagrams and tips when I'm undertaking a new job.

The local guy is often competitive in my experience and the relationship you build with him is invaluable!

That said, I recently picked up a brand-new 120/70 & 160/60 set of Angel STs for $160 all-in so you just have to constantly be hunting for deals wherever you go. I ended up re-selling the set for a lot more locally but it would have been an excellent set to have as backup for my SV650--too bad I didn't have it at the time

Back