Yoshimura TRC and R77...

I'm looking at the Yoshimura TRC and R77 systems, but can't work out what the differences are. Can someone tell me please? :D

I belive it is just the length of the muffler.

Yea, muffler size and design are different between the two. Also TRC can be had as a full exhaust or just a slip-on where the R-77 is only offered as full exhaust. Personally I prefer the R-77. See pics below :D

A LOT of people have problems keeping the R77 Header looking good, seems like theres a special cleaner Yoshimura makes that works for it though. Personally, I dont want to deal with that crap so when I go to an aftermarket header im using Dale Walkers. However, the R77 is proven to produce gread midrange power as well as some more peak power and everyone seems to love it, sounds awesome too! Oh, and its super cheap for a full system price.

This is another picture I found of an R77 system, and it IS very sick looking. I almost got it, but got a smokin deal on my current slip on and want to run mine with Dales header.

yoshir77.jpg

A LOT of people have problems keeping the R77 Header looking good, seems like theres a special cleaner Yoshimura makes that works for it though. Personally, I dont want to deal with that crap so when I go to an aftermarket header im using Dale Walkers. However, the R77 is proven to produce gread midrange power as well as some more peak power and everyone seems to love it, sounds awesome too! Oh, and its super cheap for a full system price.

Is it worse than the stock headers that go rusty after being just a few months old? (the section under the engine that goes 4 into 1). Even my bike is only 8 months old and it's rusty already.

Thanks Guys, do you know which is shorter then?

TRC is shorter and probably a little louder since the muffler has less volume. The Yosh headers are polished ss so you should be able to use any good quality metal polish on them. I would imagine that if you clean them once a month or so they will stay looking clean. No issues with mine...

TRC is shorter and probably a little louder since the muffler has less volume. The Yosh headers are polished ss so you should be able to use any good quality metal polish on them. I would imagine that if you clean them once a month or so they will stay looking clean. No issues with mine...

The TRC makes a good bit of noise I'd say. I like it in CF.

I know of someone locally (MD-PA area) that has one. He may be getting rid of the bike, and the exhaust seperately. If anyone is interested I'm more than happy to give some contact imfo.

I have seen the all SS R77 exhaust (full system) on Ebay for about $600 shipped. That is a killer deal.

I'm looking at the Yoshimura TRC and R77 systems, but can't work out what the differences are. Can someone tell me please? :D

Scotty

I fitted a stainless TRC on my 06. I run it with the baffle inserted. The can is 14" long. It is the same length as the stock can but weighs about two thirds lighter.

Google Bike Gear Warehouse at Narellan in Sydney. You won't beat them on price...even importing direct.

It looks good on the bike, easy to fit, not too noisy with the baffle in. The biggest difference is the way the bike feels without the extra weight in the back with the stock muffler. It is certainly has a bit more punch too.

Cheers

Greg

Scotty

I fitted a stainless TRC on my 06. I run it with the baffle inserted. The can is 14" long. It is the same length as the stock can but weighs about two thirds lighter.

Google Bike Gear Warehouse at Narellan in Sydney. You won't beat them on price...even importing direct.

It looks good on the bike, easy to fit, not too noisy with the baffle in. The biggest difference is the way the bike feels without the extra weight in the back with the stock muffler. It is certainly has a bit more punch too.

Cheers

Greg

Sweet! Thanks Greg. When I can get enough money together for it I will be buying one. I think I'll have to let xmas go by first though.

Hey guys, Im currently using the TRC slip on with a gutted header. (and PC3)

Was wondering if I could buy the TRC header to go with my slip on? Do they fit or is the full TRC system different from the slip on?

Also, is it worth doing that? (ie, would I loose weight/gain performance?)

Hey guys, Im currently using the TRC slip on with a gutted header. (and PC3)

Was wondering if I could buy the TRC header to go with my slip on? Do they fit or is the full TRC system different from the slip on?

Also, is it worth doing that? (ie, would I loose weight/gain performance?)

From what I've been told on here (these forums) there is a gain in performance with fitting headers and because you already have a PC3 you just need a retune (I've been told not to fit a full system without a PC3 or 5).

From what I've been told on here (these forums) there is a gain in performance with fitting headers and because you already have a PC3 you just need a retune (I've been told not to fit a full system without a PC3 or 5).

Ok thanks, so there are some gains as long as i re-tune the PC3.

How about the header/slip on question?

Will my existing TRC slip on fit with the TRC header?

Just wondering if the Full System differs from the slip on.

Ok thanks, so there are some gains as long as i re-tune the PC3.

How about the header/slip on question?

Will my existing TRC slip on fit with the TRC header?

Just wondering if the Full System differs from the slip on.

You will need the header and the link pipe from the full exhaust in order to fit your current slip-on exhaust. Link pipes are different between the full and slip-on systems.

I recently put a TRC can on my 2009 and i have 2 advices for you.

1. Don't leave without your ear plugs.
2. Put on a sign "keep the distance" (it's a fire spitter ;) )

Did you remove or block off the AIS system?

If you havent this is something you will want to do.

Nope...
I'm a road rider not a peak performance seeking track-day guy, which i'd love to be btw. but since the only race track here is opened only once a year for CSS training and costs a little fortune to ride on, the bike will most likely never see a track or even a dyno.

So i didn't bother...

Plus i loved the sound of it.

Well if you like it leave it:) some do worry of premature packing failure. There is no hard proof but you may need to repack the canister more frequently but otherwise its just fine.

Back