yamaha what's happen??!

Ridges

Guys is from few month that I'm observing the yamaha general situation and I'm little bit afraid..
First motogp: Rossi is the best race biker of ever and not only for the title's number but more for the fact that he win with all types of bikes that he drown..and if you know bikes you know that motogp are the top of the top of 2weel race prototypes,build to make the best track's performance as possible..500two stroke was only a beast that was ready to attack her driver in every moments..amazing bike!! Rossi is the last 500wc and the only 500wc riding now.. He said a lot of time that his desire was finish in yamaha..so it was really impossible stay together?
Second: rossi start cring since september to try ducati under yamaha contract:'' it will be a great delusion after all I did for yamaha..''and at the end yamaha said yes.. Sorry but honda never said yes isn't it? And after 1 test who was the winner at the first race? So was M1 so bad? Lukely gp16 is not so good! But what's happen with Lorenzo? Have you seen the last gp? The rcv 2011 is a perfect machine,stronger and faster than M1 but the problem is that now turn closer than our bike! See the last gp: lorenzo ever turn larger than stoner..and is so difficult go faster than someone that do less road than you:-( ok whe know that is a difficult moment for japan and yamaha is loosing money since 2009 but honda is on the same situation..
And to close whit motogp,why whe haven't sponsors? Petronas? A very little help..ducati for example pay all the race's cost with sponsor! I'm sure that a lot of marks can be interest to show symbols on the world champion motogp bike..
Third: today I saw the mv f4 special edition..fantastic for''only''4000 more than standard model..why yamaha doesn't do this kind of things? Is it so expensive? Do you remember the 06R1sp? All sold before to stay on dealer's shops! So what's happen to fz1 abarth special edition? I was ready to buy it and I'm sure that it did'll not easy to do! And what's about the fz8? Is it a new bike? Or is our fz1 with a smaller engine? Same chassis same weels same back double arms fork same back light same brakes..ok fz1 is so good that you can make a derivate new model..but now is the moment to a new fz1!! and R1? Amazing engine but the bike need a lot of upgrades..first of all the weigh distribution:she can't do time's lap low as the contenders:-( sorry? She's the 09 sbk world champion? Yes she is but a world sbk have less that 10%in common with the stock model.. On superstock competitions R1 doesn't win...So my ask is: is it ''the quite before storm'' or someone in yamaha need to go home?

I did notice that Stoner was able to hold a tighter line than Lorenzo but that could also be due to the riders taking different lines.
Yamaha did ok with a 2nd and 3rd which was a hell of a lot better than Le mans.
The bike seems fast enough and still handles pretty good but Honda has stepped up the game with an awesome bike and they have hired the fastest guy in MotoGP, Stoner.
Stoner on a good bike will be hard to beat by anyone.

Yes I agree the FZ1 is a bit long in the tooth now and I would expect a new model, hopefully next year?
Something with a cross plane crank would be pretty sweet.

The current financial situation all over the world has halted manufacturers from producing new bikes. It's not just the R1, the current Honda CBR1000RR is 3 years old already.

Once people start buying bikes again, money will flow back into the racing and production bikes but until that happens then improvements will be a bit slower in coming out.

The current financial situation all over the world has halted manufacturers from producing new bikes. It's not just the R1, the current Honda CBR1000RR is 3 years old already.

Speaking to my dealer last week, he believes that the bog four manufacturers will go in four year cycles now with all new models with possible annual or bi-annual minor updates. I can see the reasoning if this is the case as they must spend a fortune on R&D with the current two yearly cycle.

These things go in cycles. Back in the Doohan days Honda was absolutely the king of racing, then Yamaha and others came on strong and knocked them off their perch. Same thing happends in Formula One, the big teams take turns as drivers and teams either click or don't. Ebb and flow. Right now Yamaha is struggling, but they will come back, both in racing and the commercial market.

Yes I'm agree..before Rossi whe never win in top class since my idol,super Wayne,loose legs in misano:-( but on the market yamaha always was at the top! Do you remember the first R1? Letterally an earthquake! Lighter stronger smaller faster and more beautifull than any other sport bike built since that! A real icon! Now all the bike's magazine talk only about s1000rr as bmw invent in line 4cylinders engine and double arms aluminium chassis.. Have you try it? No words enough for the power and antispin/antiweeling are very very desirables gadgets..R1 have an upper level of plastics and particulars in general but doesn't close corner like she need and this is a great problem on comparative test.. And what about last world supersport championship? There were no R6!The champion bike didn't run!How is possible?
So new brutale,streetfighter,rsv4tuono and from japan new z1000..I just saw photos of s1000rr naked:this is the situation..this is the battle's ring for a new fz1! Everybody are moving to have pages on specialized's magazines!I don't find any articles about yamaha after superteneree that loose the fight with GS and the little space for fz8 covered by a simple but great kawa idea:an R version of z750! Idea borned talking with customers more sport's addicted that ask radial's brakes and sport suspensions..is it so difficult? This is a great problem on the market! Untill last year I was happy for the long fz1 proget life thinking that a used bike with no differences from the new one can sale easely..but now in Italy you can buy a new fz1 from official dealer with a 20%discount(to try to find some customers)..bad situation for who want to sale an used fz1:-(
Whe need something revolutionary! I really hope that in this silence,something very special is born in iwata..new Vmax was a great idea and the bike is amazing!Whe need the same with fz1 and R1 like on 2004/06 period: Rossi,winning M1,4 valves,new fz6,new r6,new r1,mt03 and ours new fz1!In that period yamaha pass honda for the first time and was first on italian market,the moust important european bike's market,a great celebration for the 50th of 3 diapason! I don't want wait untill 100th birth;-)

Back