Yamaha Sport License Plate Holder

Received my Yamaha Sport License Plate Holder yesterday and installed it today.
Here is a photo of all the bits except the nut bolts etc.
IMG_1370.jpg

The main part assembled I chose not to install the reflector holder extension, the T bar in the lower centre of the photo.
IMG_1372.jpg

And with the signal lights installed.
IMG_1374.jpg

The underside
IMG_1375.jpg

Installed;
IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

Cam.

Thanks Jabbo. Yup, shelled out a bunch of cash and bought it from Yamaha Canada. A company in Ontario has the www.yamahagenuineparts.com domain registered and sells the stuff online.

Hey Dude7580, I didn't try fitting it shorty style but the two brackets that bolt to the bike did have the curved slotted hole (top corners of first pic) that wasn't used for my install. Really there are more cost effective alternatives out there...

Thanks for posting the link Super Googan :)

Cheers all,
Cam.

I've never seen that before. Can you get it through Yamaha in the US? Looks way better than stock. $$$ though.

I went with this option:

Yamaha FZ1 FZ 1 Fender Eliminator 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Black | eBay

With the cheaper option you can't mount the OEM blinkers though, so you either have to do aftermarket LED tail light with integrated blinkers, or get some of the standard 3/4" post style motorcycle LED blinkers.

Same dude sells a kit with a set of 4 of those blinkers and an LED light that goes right on that tail section for around $55.

Hi i64X I haven’t see it on the US site. I am happy with the the fit and finish and it seems well thought out but the instructions were open to interpretation... The kit comes with arms to mount either the oem or aftermarket turn signals and they are adjustable for the width of the signals as well.

NJFZ1, Sebastian F7, CrazyBiker thanks for the comments.

Cam.

Hi dude7580' hmm an excuse to get the camera out, might do that.
Thanks kenten, looks like it was borrowed off a Peterbilt battery box ;)

Cheers,
Cam.

Back