Yamaha launches 2 new bikes;998cc FZ1 and 153cc SZ-R

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
New Delhi, Dec 10 : Expanding its portfolio of offerings for the domestic market, India Yamaha Motor Pvt Ltd today unveiled two new bikes- 998cc FZ1 and 153cc SZ-R. While the 998cc FZ1 is priced at Rs 8,70,000, the 153cc SZ-R will available at Rs 55,000, both prices .

More...

I never completely understood the mentality of motorcycle manufacturers to have two opposite ends of the spectrum - one hand they offer a 15bhp bike and on the other hand 150bhp one. Why not launch the 600cc and 250cc bikes. Those would sell like hot cakes.

The market in India is much different than here. I'm sure the 150s are huge sellers out there, same as they would be in Europe

At least here in the northern parts of Europe the 150cc bikes aren't selling anything. Here in Sweden we have always wanted more cc and more power. The only country in Europe that I have heard of the have any regulations against to much power is France where I believe they are only allowed to have 100hp.

When it comes to India I think that they would like to ride a big bike but it is just not practical or economical there.

Back