Yamaha FZ1N 2007, EXUP valve position by the default

Hello friends, I have recently bought Yamaha FZ1N 2007, and I've have stock muffler on it, with the EXUP system on it. But it seems to me that valve in the EXUP doesn't work properly, can someone please tell me what is the default position for EXUP valve, open or closed?

In the ownership manual says when we turn the ignition on "The operation should be carried out as a 3 second drive in the full open direction, 2 second stop, and 3 second drive in the full close direction", and logically speaking, if the valve need to be back to close position, isn't that a default position?

But on the other hand, everyone on the internet or the forums tell different story, that the valve default position is open?

can someone please help me?

I have yet to hear of any engine manufacturer that defaults to max power.

Exup valves rust in place from non use. Motors stop working. Cables seize up.

Many disassemble the exup and clean lube it. Have you had a look at it ?

Hey man, for the moment I have manage to disable the EXUP valve, for now it is in a open position. I decided to leave it that way. I have heard a lot of stuff, and read a lot of stuff, some says that it needs to be open, some says different things. Overall, I read somewhere that no harm is gona happened if the valve is fully open.

So i just leave it like that, because many people who put a slip-on, on the motorcycle must take off the whole exup system, and in my county there is a lot of Yamaha FZ1N without EXUP system. So I figured that I will leave it like that.

Thanks anyways my friend for the help.

I run a akrapovic slip on with the stock header and exup. Cause torque is corruptive. I thank Yamaha for that useful device even though it can be a headache at times.

Back