Yamaha FZ1N 2007, EXUP valve default position

Hello friends, I have recently bought Yamaha FZ1N 2007, and I've have stock muffler on it, with the EXUP system on it. But it seems to me that valve in the EXUP doesn't work properly, can someone please tell me what is the default position for EXUP valve, open or closed?

In the ownership manual says when we turn the ignition on "The operation should be carried out as a 3 second drive in the full open direction, 2 second stop, and 3 second drive in the full close direction", and logically speaking, if the valve need to be back to close position, isn't that a default position?

But on the other hand, everyone on the internet or the forums tell different story, that the valve default position is open?

can someone please help me?

Welcome to the forum!

My '07 came with an aftermarket exhaust, so I've no experience with the EXUP system. Based on what you posted in the manual though, it does sound like "Closed" would be the default position. Are you keeping the stock muffler on there? Pics of your bike to share?

Hey man, thanks for the welcoming.

So, I've decided to leave the stock muffler for now, but I have managed to disable EXUP system, obviously the servo who controls the exup valve is not working. So I decided to just leave te valve open. We will se how the bike is going to behave.

Back