Yamaha FZ1 Tuning half way done

CRO_FZ1

Hi,

Two week's ago got the bike from the tune shop, and I remained :jaw drop: when I took it for a test drive.
The bike apart from the looks It has nothing to do with the stock one. The biggest suprise of this all is that the bike with the modified stock ECU develops only 3hp less than with the PCIII, so I had the PCIII removed. Now I'm thinking next to install the Wiseco Pistons to boost up the compression or just to install the r1 head gasket. So If anyone had/has any experience with theese mods I'm interested in the gains and performances of the bike.

the mods installed on the bike are....

Yoshimura full TRC carbon system
Ivan's FCE
Ivan's Sub Throttle Plates
Factory pro Velocity Stacks
Modified Stock ECU
Large Airbox Mode
K&N air filter

Note: RED LINE without DB-Killer
BLUE LINE with DB-killer

Last edited:
Very impressive numbers!

Can you please explain more on the modified stock ECU? What is done specifically? Thanks for all you can share!

Why would you remove the PCIII if it made more power? Kind of surprised by that big dip from 7-8K with your full system. Happy dyno also, what was your improvement compared to stock?

Bill3508

Very impressive numbers!

Can you please explain more on the modified stock ECU? What is done specifically? Thanks for all you can share!

Since the stock ECU for the FZ1 is taken directly from the R1 04-06 it has a very broad range of adjusting air & fuel ratio, and since is made for that specific bike it can take out the max that the engine has to offer. don't know how is tuned since I was not present when this was all done and I'm a newbie on this. But it has the possibility to connect to a computer probably and to fine tune the engine step by step.

Why would you remove the PCIII if it made more power? Kind of surprised by that big dip from 7-8K with your full system. Happy dyno also, what was your improvement compared to stock?

Bill3508

In order to equal the same hp & torque the pcIII must give at certains RPM 20 or 30% more fuel. since the difference is only 3hp and the bike consumes considerably 20 to 25% more fuel it's not worth it. I think that only professional riders would notice that little gain. Also by raccomandation of the person who performed the tune I decided to take down the PCIII unit.

The bike in comparison with the stock one is another bike. From 4000rpm to 7000rpm the bike has 15 - 20 hp over a stock one the torque has changed dramatically.

After I sum everything up, $ for what I gained I'm thrilled.

Back