WTB: Ignition Switch and keys.

I lost my only key!! :( If you have one available or from a part out bike, I'm interested. Thanks kindly.

Why wouldn't you go to the dealer with the code from your bill of sale? If it was bought used they can still help you. Locksmith can also do that as long as you go buy a blank from Yamaha. Just take your registration with you so they know it is legit'.

Why wouldn't you go to the dealer with the code from your bill of sale? If it was bought used they can still help you. Locksmith can also do that as long as you go buy a blank from Yamaha. Just take your registration with you so they know it is legit'.

They said they require the keycode, which I do not have. I never knew it was important. Otherwise I would have to buy a new ignition switch, which is $200.

They said they require the keycode, which I do not have. I never knew it was important. Otherwise I would have to buy a new ignition switch, which is $200.

I would buy a blank, and talk to an automotive locksmith. They should be able to make you the key, very quickly. Good luck.

Mine came with one key too, the first chance I got I made a spare and locked it up. There is a guy on Ebay from china making oem replicas, while they are not oem they still look good...I bought one and made a spare. Also check craigslist there are locksmiths that advertise motorcycle lost key replacement services...

Last edited:
Back