WTB: Givi Top case and or v35 side luggage

Chandler

I am looking for some used Givi cases if someone decided they did not need them.

I want the top case more then the sides due to storing a helmet.

Let me know if you have a set or know anyone who doesn't need them any more!

Thanks

I need everything - But I can always buy the PLXR mount myself if need be - I will take what I can get if I can find something used just to save me a little money over all.

Pm me if your still interested, I'm selling my entire givi setup, v35 cases and E370 top case with pxlr quick release mounts and all brackets ect....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What mount do you have? (Wondering if I will need to purchase a new mount or just the attachment for the top rack - would rather have the proper mounts to start with and am more interested in a top case first

Bump!

I am still looking - well waiting ;)

I am having a hard time deciding on what mounting system to get for whatever reason.

I want the top case and to put a "back rest" on it so that the occasional passenger can feel more secure when riding on the back. The side cases look better IMO but are less functional/ also widen the rear of the bike. The top case alone looks awkward if You have something big enough to stick a helmet in it. I want to be able to carry some clothes, helmet, laptop, and whatever else I can cram in.

It sounds like a full set up is what I need, so bring it on if you have it

I have a full setup, Givi E52 top case and V35 side cases. Get the top case first and secondary get the sidecases if you still need room. My E52 never leaves the bike it's so practical, the V35's are mostly just for longer trips

The E52 will fit two helmet without an issue or so I hear, but doesn't that think look massive?

What mount should I use with it if I use just the top case? I currently have a fender eliminator but use stock signals.

The E52 will fit two helmet without an issue or so I hear, but doesn't that think look massive?

I have an E52 and it is indeed quite massive

559382_441593479286412_1475015988_n.jpg

1454578_444904825621944_635203658_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have the V35 side cases and have no problem putting my Nolan N104 helmet in there. As for widening the bike, both cases on are narrower than the stock handlebar (but not by much).

I prefer to keep any weight as low as possible and if you're like me, what goes in the top case stays in the top case. I use a Cortech tail bag if I need more room and a Johnny Rocket mini tailbag to carry a few commuting items.

What mount should I use with it if I use just the top case? I currently have a fender eliminator but use stock signals.

As mentioned above the E52 is big, and it does look dorky, but man is it good. Any top case is going to make your bike look terrible so might as well get one that fits a lot of stuff. It'll fit two helmets assuming there is nothing else in it. Normally I'll carry an iPad, my gym bag, and a rain suit, maybe a pair of overpants for the chilly mornings, that's about all it'll fit without really jamming stuff in there. I could not survive with a smaller case.

In comparison, the V35's will carry my Bell RS-1, but supposedly have issues with larger helmet shells. Or I could fit my gym bag in one case with nothing else. My 15" Macbook, will not fit in the V35's but does in the E52.

I could, and I have travelled for extended periods with just the top case and a 60L duffle, the sidebags are just gluttony.

Can't help you with the mount as mine is on my FZ6, haven't picked up my FZ1 yet.

Here's a shot of my bike loaded up before I got the V35's

Edit: forgot the best part, a medium pizza fits perfectly in the E52

photo%2520%25281%2529.JPG

Last edited:
Johnny Rockets is still a food chain ;)

@OldBiker: You said you prefer to keep weight low, I understand that - but why not use the side cases instead of the top case at all then? I guess I am asking for a bit of elaboration. I think the two side cases could fix me up what I needed but not as easily accessible and it doesn't give a passenger as much comfort as I would like.

Johnny Rockets is still a food chain ;)

@OldBiker: You said you prefer to keep weight low, I understand that - but why not use the side cases instead of the top case at all then? I guess I am asking for a bit of elaboration. I think the two side cases could fix me up what I needed but not as easily accessible and it doesn't give a passenger as much comfort as I would like.

I don't use a top case just the V35s and a tailbag. Since I don't carry passengers I have the tailbag sitting on the passenger seat. As for accessibility, the side case are as accessible as a top case since you still need to get off the bike for either. Unfortunately you can't fit a pizza in them but they do haul a lot of groceries. I also use the inner bags which makes packing and unpacking for a trip a breeze.

Man there's a lot of stuff strapped to that bike. Were you moving house or something? :p

Lol, that was what I packed for a planned month long trip to Vancouver. Planned to camp along the way so most of the stuff is just camping equipment. Tank bank is full of camera stuff, DSLR and a few lenses and flash. One saddlebag is holding my tent, duffle has sleeping bag, stove, cookset, Thermarest is on top. Other saddlebag has some clothes and stuff. Top case is half empty on purpose, filled with laptop, ipad, various chargers, cold weather liners and a rain suit.

Sadly I crashed the day after that pic on the Blue Ridge Parkway, only on the third day from home. Broke my arm, had to turn around and UHaul the bike home. Fixed the damage and the bike is still running great.

IMG_5484.JPG

I don't look happy...

IMG_5486.JPG

This is after I fixed it, in Washington DC last year

photo%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Last edited:
Back