WTB: Gen2 Corbin seat set

nummbr7

My girl wants to try a back rest, so I'm trying to find a Corbin set or just the rear seat so I can add one. Let me know what you got and how much thanks
Brady-

Yes actually

I'm in the same boat. Anyone done a backrest mod on a standard seat?

One of the members on the other FZ forum fabricated his own steel bracket that attached to the latch point under the seat. If you were to use very thin aluminum plate and make yourself a template, then have a metal shop make up the piece with thicker gauge material, you'd be set. If I was going to do it I would have the bracket extend to the front two mounting pionts as well, or at least under the center of the seat and out to the sides so that the passengers own weight would act to stablize the whole thing. The other option is to have it tail mounted (as in to the subframe and not the seat itself) which would be safer in my opinion. That would be easier to fabricate and could be attached to the 4 bolts that go through to hold the stock fender. This would take less material and be far more stable.

With a little imagination, anything is doable.

One of the members on the other FZ forum fabricated his own steel bracket that attached to the latch point under the seat. If you were to use very thin aluminum plate and make yourself a template, then have a metal shop make up the piece with thicker gauge material, you'd be set. If I was going to do it I would have the bracket extend to the front two mounting pionts as well, or at least under the center of the seat and out to the sides so that the passengers own weight would act to stablize the whole thing. The other option is to have it tail mounted (as in to the subframe and not the seat itself) which would be safer in my opinion. That would be easier to fabricate and could be attached to the 4 bolts that go through to hold the stock fender. This would take less material and be far more stable.

With a little imagination, anything is doable.
I'm no stranger to steel shop fabrication, so I think I'll have a look. Thought there may have been another design that someone has already worked out. Although a corbin may be just as cheap by the time you weigh up the time involved to design then fabricate a one off.

I don't like the idea of mounting a backrest to the stock rear seat , I could make one easy enough, but the plastic seat base seems sketchy, and the rear tail frame would be a real hassle -

I was going to but a new set of cobins last week but I got a nice nail in my new rear meztler and had to spend some of the money on new tires

I'll just have to save up again , unless I find some used ones

Back