WTB: Gen1 BLUE tail/cowl

speedjunkie

Thanks to many forum members I have replaced everything except my rear tail on my FZ1 '02. Bought it in semi-rough shape but still need a blue rear tail to finish it off. Bike was originally silver but I like blue much better. Body shops in my area want too much to consider repainting.

thanks

By chance/ luck a good friend has let me use his US address to use for a drop off. The seller however is not answering my request for an additional photo of the cowl. The pic the seller posted is either not in focus or the the paint is very dull/poor condition. I don't want to pick it up only to find out it needs to be painted(I could do that with my silver cowl)
any opinions??

By chance/ luck a good friend has let me use his US address to use for a drop off. The seller however is not answering my request for an additional photo of the cowl. The pic the seller posted is either not in focus or the the paint is very dull/poor condition. I don't want to pick it up only to find out it needs to be painted(I could do that with my silver cowl)
any opinions??

Yea, those pics posted on eBay are not that great. If you can't get better pics then just pass on it. As you said it looks dull and if it needs a repaint you might as well just repaint yours...

Thanks to many forum members I have replaced everything except my rear tail on my FZ1 '02. Bought it in semi-rough shape but still need a blue rear tail to finish it off. Bike was originally silver but I like blue much better. Body shops in my area want too much to consider repainting.

thanks

The grab rails can be expensive new - $142 USD each and hard to find used because the tips break off. The rear fender cowl new price is $240 USD.

The grab rails can be expensive new - $142 USD each and hard to find used because the tips break off. The rear fender cowl new price is $240 USD.

I priced the rear cowl new here a week ago and I was told it was 360$ cdn but that prices were going to drop in February so I'll have to wait and see. The grab bars are really over priced IMO so I think I'll either paint them black and see how that looks. Meanwhile I'll keep my eyes glued to my PC hoping for a ebay/forum find :)

Norm:tup:

Back