WTB Gen II seat handles? Help please!

supersonic

I recently bought a Corbin rear seat from a fellow forumite for the wife but found that it doesn't fit correctly, it leans foward and the wife says she slides foward. I had to pack the latch a couple of inches so it would clip on (see first pic).The corbin site only lists one FZ1 rear seat model. Does anyone know if a tail section with the handles will bolt straight on to mine? The seem to have a scollaped shape. any suggestions?

Here's what it should fit like http://www.998cc.org/forum/bikes-parts-sale/9263-corbin-rear-saddle-oval-backrest-genii.html

Last edited:
I believe they would. If they do although mine is red and we would both have to re-paint them I would be willing to do a trade of tail sections with you.

My tail section is already off and ready to ship.

Last edited:
The problem with that Corbin seat is that it's made for the FZ1S not the FZ1N like you have. As you already found out seats are different between the two. And yes it's possible to bolt on a tail section from the FZ1S that comes with the grab handles, but probably not that cheap. I'm not sure about this, but I kind of remember reading that the whole rear sub-frame was different as well. Maybe someone else can confirm this...

The subframe is the same on both bikes however, the parts attached to it are completely different. You would need the whole tail plastics, the seat latch points, basically everything that can be unbolted from both would need to be swapped out. Sorry!

If I were there, I'd swap it all out with you without even thinking about it.

tail section

I removed my tail section when I did my saddlebag install (to put in the frame tube brackets). The tail comes off in one piece, 6 bolts if I remember correctly. You have to first remove the undertail panel that is held in with plastic automotive style pop rivets (pull out the center pin to release). The tail must weigh 8 lbs, although that's just a guess as I didn't have a scale handy. I am fairly certain that if each of the two style tail sections were removed as one big piece that they should be completely interchangeable. Shipping might be pricey due to the weight though. The corbin is definately designed for the FZ-1 S version. If a swap were done the tail sections should include the stock rear seats as they are not interchangable.

Last edited:
hi, my first mod to my fz1s was to fit the fz1n rear end.there is a thread on the forum that goes into great detail on whats needed.i like you got in touch with local dealer they told me what was needed then got them of ebay half the price. the faired rear end has a rail running round it that also houses rear light. i needed three brackets, front bracket that houses the front seat catch rear seat bracket and the rear light bracket which the seat cowl screws into. easy to do find some one that breaking the s model get the lot in one go.mine was the opposite that your doing i only ride solo so no need for a big rear end good luck.just taken some photos if i can get them loaded on here or in my album will try later.

Last edited:
MY other option is to get hold of another naked tail piece, cut it up and repair it with fibreglass to suit the Corbin seat. Si if anyone has a silver talpiece they want to sell let me know.

hi, the other option is to have a look at the pics in my album then offer me a large amount of money for me to sell them to you.i dont think cutting and chopping and fibreglassing will look anywhere as good the real thing.

If I did not have the Top Saddlery seats which will not fit the N rear, I'd swap with you. But those are too expensive to replace. ;) Plus, I have three small drilled holes on each side of the plastics for the Copperdawg rear signal pods. :(

hi, the other option is to have a look at the pics in my album then offer me a large amount of money for me to sell them to you.i dont think cutting and chopping and fibreglassing will look anywhere as good the real thing.
That's what I need, what price are you looking at?

in total i paid £370 to get the job done.so if i said £275+postage i will cover my costs on the parts that i paid for on mine.if interested i will find out the cost of postage and the quickest way of getting them to you regards colin.

in total i paid £370 to get the job done.so if i said £275+postage i will cover my costs on the parts that i paid for on mine.if interested i will find out the cost of postage and the quickest way of getting them to you regards colin.
Sure, sounds good. Let me know a postage price to Melbourne, Australia. I wouldn't need the rear fender/ indicators.

Last edited:
Back