WTB: Gen II Centre Stand (FZ1)

Criminal Pilot

I misplaced mine because I usually remove it over the summer, and only use it for storage in the winter. Poor baby is currently parked sideways in the garage because I don't know where I put the darn centre stand last time I took it off!! :spank2:

Anyway, I'm in need of a centre stand and was hoping someone else who likes the clean look, or who races and wanted to lose the weight, is willing to get rid of theirs and put it in my eager hands! eBay prices are a little steep for me at the moment (side-stand works fine for a temporary solution).

Thanks kindly for any of you who may have one! I am proudly Canadian so I will proudly empty my wallet for the shipping charges from wherever this needs to be sent. :)

I misplaced mine because I usually remove it over the summer, and only use it for storage in the winter. Poor baby is currently parked sideways in the garage because I don't know where I put the darn centre stand last time I took it off!! :spank2:

Anyway, I'm in need of a centre stand and was hoping someone else who likes the clean look, or who races and wanted to lose the weight, is willing to get rid of theirs and put it in my eager hands! eBay prices are a little steep for me at the moment (side-stand works fine for a temporary solution).

Thanks kindly for any of you who may have one! :)

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a paddock stand for the bike?

I've got a basic T-Rex Racing stand that cost me $45. It's handy to have around even though most of my bikes have centre stands; good for when friends come over. :)

Rear stands

Last edited:
If you are only using it for winter storage then Dustin's idea of buying a rear paddock stand is a great idea.

My FZ1N never came with a centre stand so I use front and rear paddock stands to service/store the bike.

I agree it is a good idea, but unfortunately they end up costing me just as much, if not more, than a centre stand would when you include shipping charge to Canada. Most end up around $100 or so whereas my local Yamaha dealer can get me a slightly better deal. For example, the same T-Rex one you linked to is a whopping $80 for shipping!!

It may be the route I end up going if I can't find anything. I guess a part of me also feels bad not having the stock parts for the bike anymore. I'm big into minor modifications (usually cosmetic), but even bigger into being able to return the bike to stock. Centre stand could make or break the deal for some people!

Thanks gentlemen.. I will keep my eyes and me ears open.

Yep

I noticed they had a sale on wheel chocks as well!
Motorcycle Wheel Chock | Princess Auto

$45

I thought about buying that for my lift, since it would be a bit nicer than the current clamp set up.

IMG_0327.jpg

I found the centre stand hidden away very well. Thanks for all the suggestions though! I may very well buy one of those anyway and have both tires properly off the ground.

Off topic, but any issues with your Princess Auto lift?
I have a job to do in Ottawa tomorrow and was planning to have one loaded on the back of my truck, before heading back to "La Belle Province" . @ $370 cad (295 usd), it doesn't even cover the cost of the "iron" to build one.

8534968.jpg

Last edited:
Back