WTB: Gen 1 Front fairing/cowling

Just got my bike yesterday. I'm not sure if it's called the fairing, or the cowling, but it's the headlight housing. It's not there on my bike, and you do need headlights for it to be street legal. Also, there's a bent bracket there. I'll try to get a pic up today.
If anyone knows where to find what I need, new, used, cheap, expensive, please point me in the right direction. If you have any tips or suggestions, please let me know. This is a brand-new hobby for me.

You need to check our sister site. Just type in fz1 forum in a search bar. A lot more sales traffic there. Hope that helps. I have seen some given away for free on there (Granted they weren't perfect) I think you will have better luck there though.

BTW, I think the other part your speaking of is the fairing stay. If you're patient and at least one side isn't bent, You can usually re bend these back depending on the initial damage. The aforementioned gentleman probably Has one as well if you don't want to mess with it. They are usually about the same price used as you are wanting to pay for your front fairing. ( They usually aren't many around b/c it's the first thing to go in a wreck lol) The Retail for this piece is crazy high. Give Dean a holler, he'll fix you up. I'm waiting to get some parts from him, tell him I sent you. He has been doing business on there for years. Great guy. Good paint and body guy too. Does wonders on these tanks! Good luck.

bummer it's blue... but I might have to take what I can get. Is that price pretty consistent for a LNIB OEM upper fairing? I was hoping to find something used for $60-$80... but beggars can't be choosers. Is ebay pretty much the place to go for extra body parts?

What color fairing/cowling are you looking for?
Your price range will get you one that has rash or needs work.
I bought one of those from that site for the $180...they were new and cheapest NEW around.
You do not need the fairing c/cowl to run the headlights...just the bracket/stay...I run mine without the fairing currently.....thinking of going naked.

What color fairing/cowling are you looking for?
Your price range will get you one that has rash or needs work.
I bought one of those from that site for the $180...they were new and cheapest NEW around.
You do not need the fairing c/cowl to run the headlights...just the bracket/stay...I run mine without the fairing currently.....thinking of going naked.

I was looking for a silver one. I just snagged one, beat up, off ebay for $50 shipped. But it's black, so I was just going to repaint it. But how would I go about mounting the headlights w/o the front fairing? It didn't seem feasible when I was looking at it. I'm assuming that you either need to buy a different mounting bracket, or I am missing something from the crash.

Also, I messaged Dean a couple days ago, and got no reply. He started that thread a few months back, so I'm sure it sold quickly.

Last edited:
I was looking for a silver one. I just snagged one, beat up, off ebay for $50 shipped. But it's black, so I was just going to repaint it. But how would I go about mounting the headlights w/o the front fairing? It didn't seem feasible when I was looking at it. I'm assuming that you either need to buy a different mounting bracket, or I am missing something from the crash.

Also, I messaged Dean a couple days ago, and got no reply. He started that thread a few months back, so I'm sure it sold quickly.

I think you need a Fairing Stay. I saw some on ebay the other day for the Gen I while looking for one for my Gen II.

But how would I go about mounting the headlights w/o the front fairing? It didn't seem feasible when I was looking at it. I'm assuming that you either need to buy a different mounting bracket, or I am missing something from the crash.

If you can mount the fairing, you can mount the lights...you might be missing something.
Heres a pic of the lights on and the fairing cut around them.

Back