WTB: 2008 or newer FZ1 in NYC

indeo

The oldest new bike I can find in the area is $7000 for a 2009. I wouldn't mind used if the mileage is below 10k.
I'm checking Craigslist, CycleTrader and this forum regularity.
Are there any newer years that would be worth the extra money? Any help is appreciated

Yamaha : FZ | eBay

that's a 2008, but it's brand new for $7000. so if you have 7 grand to spend and you don't mind going down to PA, i'd get that one! i am currently on the look out for an fz1 as well. 2007 and up preferably. have found some decent looking ones in NH and RI, but most are asking a bit much. i am trying to stay around $6k or lower personally. hopefully lower, but we will see. i tried to contact two different guys but neither got back to me. good luck with your search!

I was just at a Yamaha dealer in NYC who is selling a new 2009 FZ1 for $7,800 total - including everything (registration, taxes, etc..).
They're pretty when new, but I'd rather get a used for cheaper so I can have enough money left over to get an exhaust, windscreen, gear..

yeah, stay the hell out of RI, those bikes are toxic! (and i might be buying one of them on saturday. eliminating the competition one buyer at a time):sinister:

nice, i just picked up the same thing (cobalt blue) but '09 yesterday morning, same one i went to test ride. congrats man, enjoy it! maybe we get a ride together some day for new cobalt blue owners!

Similar to this one? http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-general-discussion/9142-lee-36s-new-2009-fz1-kinda.html
09 > 07 especially with those black forks, but I caved on my goal of an '08 or newer when I saw the low miles. I'll be looking into a taller touring windscreen and some luggage soon for her, after I get my license and insurance in order lol

yep, same exact thing. mine also came with frame sliders that are smaller. and no tank pad thingy. those seem to be the only differences.

3C074E27-8F40-4D1D-9B06-833E02EBA2C6_3.jpg

3C074E27-8F40-4D1D-9B06-833E02EBA2C6_13.jpg

i think first up for me might be a fender eliminator kit, and that will probably be it for a little while so i can save some more money for some other stuff!

Back