Wrong way to enter a corner

I have to concur. I've only come off twice at the track.. (during many many laps over about 5 years on a CBR929 and a gixxer 750) and both times it was sports touring rubber. After the second off, I switched to Metzeller Rennsports and never looked back! The rennsports were a proper supersport racing tyre and they gave me untold confidence once I got used to them.

I don't ever plan on taking my fz1 to the track, but I would be looking to put something better on than the Pilot Road 2's if I did.

I haven't had the chance to do any track days but I'm running the 016's and I'm loving them to death. I probably have about 500 or so miles on them now and I'll definitely be buying another set after these are done. A few members have them including "VA" , CanonFuji, etc, and have nothing but good things to say about the grip and handling. I was running 020's before and the difference is like day and night. I was never able to keep up with CanonFuji on our local mountain before the 016's, but now he'll attest that I'm right with him all the way up and all the way down. At the price they are selling for per set, you can't beat em! I paid $239.00 shipped for the 120/180 combo.

Hows the commuting wear in relation to road 2's? Wear ok?

The Pilot Power 3 is the new replacement for the Pilot 2CT. Supposedly you get the best of both worlds with sticky (It's a hypersport design) and long life (2 compound tire). I've had my eye on them since they were released in January 2013. I'm just trying to burn up my Pilot Road 2's and as soon as the rear goes I'm done with those. I've got a little over 4k miles on them and they are about 60% life left.

Back