Wrecked FZ1

I was riding in the left lane of a street when a kid thought that he wanted to use the turn around on my left side. He tired to use my lane by going over me. Thank god all the gear did its job. The coat , boots and pants were wrecked. The helmet had minor damage. I an going to try to rebuild the bike myself but i dont know were to start. I know most of the parts i need i just dont know were to get then. The two main ones are the radiator and the handle bars for a 2007 FZ1 stock. what parts do you see that i need? thanks for any help

You got knocked over by a car, glad you're okay buddy!!

It's bad to see it damaged on both sides... look in the classifieds here on the forum or ebay maybe to rebuild, I hope everything will go smooth with your insurance company

I have some of the stuff you need. I have a radiator with two fans, headlight, mirrors and I have the front fairing stay as well. You'll need pretty much a whole new front end. Forks, fender, fairing, headlight, stay, side panels, rad, etc. PM me with the parts you're interested in.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

Sorry that happened to you. I couldn't imagine what it would be like.

It looks like what Rabbitman said, basically a new front end and radiator.

I personally went with a Euro Fz1n kit when I crashed my bike from Partshark. It was a lot cheaper than rebuilding the whole thing that I damamged (only the fairing/fairing stay/headlight/mirrors).

It looks like you'll have to replace the front forks, fender, radiator guard, radiator cover, radiator (possibly fans), handlebars, fairing, fairing stay, headlight, left and right inner cowl, windshield.

Front fork:
PartShark.com - Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, UTV Parts, PWC Parts, Powersports Apparel, Motorcycle Accessories for OEM and Aftermarket.

Good luck and glad you're physically ok.

I have forks(gold) and calipers as well as stock bar and risers all mint condition off an 08...pm me i would love these to go to someone who is in need..glad you are ok!

WOW! What a way to introduce yourself to the forum!

Like the others have said, glad that you made it out in good shape. Get her fixed up and back on the road.

Is insurance giving you some $$ for his jack-assery?

WOW! What a way to introduce yourself to the forum!

Like the others have said, glad that you made it out in good shape. Get her fixed up and back on the road.

Is insurance giving you some $$ for his jack-assery?

Speaking of which in that situation do you let their car make contact with you so that they are ultimately liable or I have All State and they said if I lay it down to avoid hitting someone they will still pay to fix my bike. I think I would swing at them and try to break a window just so the cops could find them (I dunno, I'm just theorizing here).

Also, another reason to run a GoPro on your bike. Get license plates and responsible parties.

Speaking of which in that situation do you let their car make contact with you so that they are ultimately liable or I have All State and they said if I lay it down to avoid hitting someone they will still pay to fix my bike. I think I would swing at them and try to break a window just so the cops could find them (I dunno, I'm just theorizing here).

Also, another reason to run a GoPro on your bike. Get license plates and responsible parties.

Yea he stopped after hit me. But he had no choice he was blocked in.They got his name and plate and everything. so i hope his insurance will cover everything.

Yea he stopped after hit me. But he had no choice he was blocked in.They got his name and plate and everything. so i hope his insurance will cover everything.

He is responsible, so his insurance should take care of it. The problem is that the insurance company will most likely total it...which opens a new headache if you want to keep the bike.

He is responsible, so his insurance should take care of it. The problem is that the insurance company will most likely total it...which opens a new headache if you want to keep the bike.

Might not be a bad thing right now. The NADA Guides is listing bike value from a low of $5250 to a high $6910. The adjuster I'm guessing will go somewhere around $6000-6500. They also add in cost for tax,tag, title. So he might get close to $7000 overall. Also depending on any modifications you could get money for those if you have the receipts (including install time expense). Likely since the other driver was at fault if you take the bike to your shop and have a good relationship, you can get them to create the biggest ticket possible to cover everything and his insurance will pay rather than fight it.

Also, after being in a accident myself I would strongly suggest going and getting checked out at least once. Let them know about any bumped or bruised areas. I had thought I just had bruised my thumb after my accident, then after about 6 weeks it wasn't getting better. I ended up changing therapies, then it finally started getting better. It was an issue that if I didn't take care of it, i could have ended up needing surgery that would have cost insane amounts.

A lot of offices that deal in personal injury (I was at a chiropractor office that also worked with a neurologist and pain management MD) will basically create a lien file once you can provide them with the insurance company name and claim number.

When i take the front wheel and fork off the bike can i just set it on the ground which would put the exhaust on the ground of should i prop it up in something?
And is there a section that is about fixing the bike like how to service a fork?

When i take the front wheel and fork off the bike can i just set it on the ground which would put the exhaust on the ground of should i prop it up in something?
And is there a section that is about fixing the bike like how to service a fork?

Dude, I don't get why you're fixing it if the other guy is at fault and you got his insurance. You should take it to a shop and they should have it fixed within 2 weeks to a month at most

But most people put the bike on a center stand, and then wrap a board up with a towel then use a floor tack to hold up the headers

then wrap a board up with a towel then use a floor tack to hold up the headers

A towel? Don't worry about that, as wood is pretty soft. Get some 2 x 6's and layer them under the headers to get the height that you need.
My 07 just got totaled out for far less damage. We setteled on $8500 and I bought the title back for $1500. Your company shouldn't give you too much grief, as they are gonna get paid back from the asshats company.

Handlebars are easy. Don't get stock. there are tons better. Forks? Consider going the R1 conversion.

Back