Wrecked bike & body

Chipster

June 18th I rear ended a car that decided to stomp on the brakes at 55mph. Apparently I didnt have enough room and had glanced away at the wrong time. I was thrown over the car and onto the side of the road. I was wearing a helmet, jacket, gloves and boots, not a bit of road rash anywhere. I did however fracture my left forearm 9 times, my right wrist, my pelvic bone has 6 fractures. Also dislocated my right knee, tore the ACL, and dislocated my right shoulder.:eek5:
I was in the critical care for a week and have been at the Drake Center here in Cinti, its a rehab center for the last few weeks. I have about 6-8 more weeks before I can even put any weight on any of my limbs. Going to be a rough road ahead but doctors say I should be 100% in 9-12 months.
I have only seen one cell phone picture of the bike, but sounds like the entire front is trashed. I will likley part it out once I have recovered enough to start taking it apart. I am really upset about not making it to The Gap this fall, but glad to be alive!! I get a new thrill each time I see my wife and 2 boys these days and cant wait to get home to them.
Ride safe and wear your gear...it saved my life!

Chip in Cincinnati

Oh my God Chip! I'm really sorry to hear that. I am however, really glad that your gonna be okay. I was wondering where you've been. I know that everyone usually says this, but seriously, if you need anything and I can help, just let me know. I know that your family must have been worried to death over this. My prayers are with you to make a full recovery. Get well better my friend. Remember, if I can help in any way please don't hesitate to ask.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to be away from your family. Hope you get well soon.

I cringe every time I see these kids riding their sport bikes in shorts and a t-shirt :shaking head:

Man, you took a beating! But you're obviously one tough guy. Hang in there. My thoughts will be with you as you make it back to new again.

So sorry to hear that you have to go through this Chip. Knowing you'll be OK in the end is great but our prayers are with you while you endure the road to recovery. Thanks for sharing your story and please keep us informed.

Last edited:
Get Well

May you have a speedy and successful recovery. And, thanks for posting and the encouragement to wear protective gear. I'm guilty of neglecting certain items on short trips-no more.

Always sorry to hear somebody got injured while enjoying a ride. Take care and wish you a speedy recovery. I'm glad to read you are still able to write a good report, so nothing wrong with the main computer...

Chipster, that sounds like a hell of a crash. I am continuing to think good thoughts for you and you family. Thank goodness you WERE wearing a bunch of protective gear. Keep up the rehab (I used to work in rehab) the benifit you will receive will not just be in a speedy recovery in the present but will also benifit you years down the road and save you from having many issues in the future. Keep it up and know that many people are sending you good thoughts and energy.

Back