Would you buy one again?

Here's a different shot of her.
bapure3y.jpg

Oh I do miss that bike. My Fz1 is a close second, and about 95% satisfaction in comparison. (just gotta reflash the Ecu, and she'll be just as good)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I looked at a few bikes before buying my fz1 ,a busa (insurance to much )because my zzr1400 had been stolen,a BMW (just cant bring myself to go down that route lol)and very very nearly a KTM 990 smt.

It came down to my brother in law who has been a mechanic on jap bikes for 30 years to say just an get fz1...the basic one,no ABS no traction control etc ,and it was the best move ive made,if in a couple of years they sort tank range out,id buy one without question.

^^ The OP already bought a 2012 Fz1 ;)
Indeed, I did. And this is what happens when you hop on it too eagerly when the sun comes out and it hits 60 degrees outside...and don't put the oil cap on after you change it:

When I saw that back tire I realized how lucky I was. Rode for over 55 miles before my foot suddenly slipped off the right peg as I was coming to a stop at a light and I looked down to see why. It was like swimming back to shore and someone telling you there was a shark right behind you the whole time.

I saw your post about it. What a mess to clean up!

Any idea how much oil you lost/ how low the pressure got in those 50 miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only lost the amount of oil you see on the bike, which actually wasn't much. I had no clue anything was wrong until my foot slipped off the peg. I had my wife bring me some aluminum backed tape, a silicone cooking mat (that I cut a piece off of), and some rags to clean up with. I covered the oil fill hole with the tape and silicone piece and washed off the tire and as much of the other oil as I could. She followed me home after that. I've ridden the bike to work twice now and can't tell that anything ever happened. :dontknow:

tough call, as I had mine for 4 months and sold it.

Its a solid and very reliable bike, runs great and capable of a lot. If I could have 2 street bikes in the stable id still have it, but I wanted the R1 more as I am more comfortable on that style bike for riding position.

Only problem is the FZ1 can do so much, but needs a bit of tweaking to get there. Want to go 2 up, gotta do suspension. Touring - needs luggage and better seat. The bike really is the child of the R1 and FJR.

That said, I liked mine and enjoyed most of my time on it. The discomfort I had could have been solved by dropping cash into it, but how much money was the question and how much more comfort would I have obtained? I did enjoy the 2 up with the wife and she loved it, something that we cannot do as easily on the R1 for more than around town riding

You are right on the money Mundy!! I love the Fz as it is my second bike. Once i changed the shock, raised the bars up 2", and did Eddies seat mod its perfect for me solo. Now putting the Ti full exhaust and getting rid of centerstand and all the unnecessary weight and raising the linkage up1" has improved handeling alot .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yes I would, and just recently did! Was in an accident on my '06, insurance company totaled it out, so I bought it back from them and am currently fixing it up (all cosmetic damage, really not bad at all considering the the lowside at highway speed). Bought a 2012 off a member that was just too good to pass up. Other than maybe getting an R1 way down the road, I really don't see myself riding anything else, FZ1 has everything I want in a bike.

Back