Would You Buy an ECM for $217?

Ruggybuggy

I getting my ECM reflashed by Ivan and thinking of buying a stock ECM for when I eventually sell the bike so it can be returned to stock. Would it be worth the investment? I remember another forum member selling his for around $350.

You usualy end up breaking even if your lucky ,, I upgraded my 06 ecu for a later one and planned on keeping the old one for when I sold the bike ,, after looking at it in the garage for ever I decided just to sell it on and leave the new one in the bike , I really didn't loose that much :noworries:

Would it be worth the investment?

I dont think that you understand what "investment" means.

I dont understand the logic. You think that the new owner would NOT want the reflashed ECU? Why?

You want to spend a couple hundred $$$ on the thought that someone down the road might want it?

I dont think that you understand what "investment" means.

I dont understand the logic. You think that the new owner would NOT want the reflashed ECU? Why?

You want to spend a couple hundred $$$ on the thought that someone down the road might want it?

I'm assuming if he ever wants to sell the bike, he could sell it stock and then have an unlocked ECU to sell if someone wants it. Many people don't want to pay more for mods and extras that are on a bike, which is why many owners save all their stock items to place back on the bike when selling it. You'll always recoup more by selling your mods separately.

I'm assuming if he ever wants to sell the bike, he could sell it stock and then have an unlocked ECU to sell if someone wants it. Many people don't want to pay more for mods and extras that are on a bike, which is why many owners save all their stock items to place back on the bike when selling it. You'll always recoup more by selling your mods separately.

Correct. I would never get my money back on the Ivan's flashed ECM when I sold the bike. So the question is would someone pay $600 for Ivan's flash plus the ECM ($400+$200)? Are all FZ1 06-13 ECM's the same?

What are the benefits of buying a newer model ecu for your 06? Does anything else have to be done to install it when you receive the new ecu?

It's your money. I live in a big motorcycling market. Stock FZ1s suck 'hind tit. Once you ride the bike reflashed, you would never want to subject a new owner to the stock ECU. I plan on keeping the FZ1 for a long while and will add a different bike or 2 in the future.

Back