Worst time of the year to ride!!!

When it gets too hot to ride, I can always hide under a shade tree, but where I live those days are so rare we look forward to them, then in the winter when we see nothing but white, we yean for the "hot" summer. I never ride without a jacket and long pants because my lilly white skin will turn to lobster red in a very short while. I just try to enjoy riding as much as I can and remember the good days when it's impossible to enjoy two wheels.

Over here is the best time of the year. Temperatures are around 25ºC/77F max. and 15ºC/59F min. and showers are getting rare.

Today I wore my new Dainese Shotgun jacket and it was a bit cold in the morning but perfect in the afternoon.

Also tested a pair of new ContiRoadAttack2 on a fast twisty road. Very pleased with them!

I hear you guys in FL, man I think I'd die in high humidity. It gets hot here but man the humidity is what kills you. When I was buying all my gear I was thinking ahead about our 100+ days here. Everything is perforated vented but the one thing that really has pleasantly surprised me is my helmet, when you open all the vents in the RX-Q is almost as though you aren't wearing a helmet awesome!

Nice to hear Romr, the RX-Q will be my next helmet. I haven't found a helmet yet where I can feel the venting in the summer. I do feel every vent that popped open in the winter though!

You got that right...even my underwear is perforated/vented. I wear textile in the winter.....whatever winter we have.

is the RX-Q noisy?
I wear a 2 year old Corsair, it's not bad venting, but noisy as hell.
I use the Chatterbox in the Q-f because its so quiet.

Oh yea....91 degrees and 87% humidity today....bikes in the garage:gagged:

I am fine up to 100 degrees F and about 95% humidity. I have no problem getting hot and sweaty when out on a ride. The only time I do not like it is when I am heading in to work. I could care less on my ride home.

Back