Worst time of the year to ride!!!

85vmax

Here in the Sunny South:shine:..........Today: 93 degrees with a low 71% humidity.
Unless you ride naked:eek5:.(no gear) like a lot of the Floridians do....yes....even on the sport bikes....cargo shorts, wife beaters, and flip flops....no lid:nono:

At least the Harley riders have jeans, t-shirts, leather vest and boots on even if its all black.

Rode to work yesterday and almost died...said forget it for today......too darn hot.

Must be nice up north this time of year...........

Yea, it's been cool up here for the most part, but we've had a lot of rain so far this year. I'm sure the heat will eventually get here. July and August can be just as hot and humid up here as it is in Florida, just not every day.

I know exactly what you mean. I live in Ocala, FL and ride to work everyday. It's nice in the mornings, but coming home is horrendous in this Florida heat and humidity. A few of us went for a ride to Daytona last Sunday and got hit hard by the sun, heat and humidity on the way back. Both my girlfriend and I always wear a jacket, gloves and helmet when riding. She got some heat exhaustion Sunday night and Monday all day. Wasn't fun.
But like lambs to the slaughter, we are going back out Saturday afternoon and riding into early evening.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Sorry guys, Redding Ca. is sure hot during the summer ( avg. about 98 degrees) but the humidity runs below 10% during the day. Good evaporative cooling as long as I'm moving. Still wearing leathers, but looking for a mesh outfit. When it hits 106 degrees it's just plain HOT.

WHAAAAA! Quit yer whineing. It may be hot but you can still ride. Yes it's more comfortable up here in the northland right now. But come Feb. you'll still be able to go out and ride in what I consider light gear. Our riding season really only lasts about 8 months at the outside. I will ride down to about 20 degrees as long as the roads are clear. Rain doesn't bother me but ice does. As for hot weather, yes it's uncomfortable, but I wear a mesh jacket and soak a white T-shirt with water. When it dries another spritz of water does the body good. I've gotten through 95 degree plus days like that. And our humidity in the summer can get down right depressing. But I'm not willing to sacrifice riding days because of a little discomfort. Talk to me about too hot when my bike is under it's cover in a garage surrounded by 3 feet of snow.

Weather.com says 100F on the nose right now but only 32% humidity. My bike is parked downstairs ready for me to put on my Olympia suit and head home for a 45 minute commute. Gonna be a toasty one today as it has been the last few weeks.

I feel for ya in that humidity. Grew up in Tampa and have ridden there for my first year of riding. That's the big reason I left and won't come back. I hated being hot and sticky all the time. Folks here complain about the humidity on our bad days but they have no idea. I've been here since 98 and am only now able to start to be able to recognize what a "bad" day is, but it still isn't bad.

Hour and a half and I'm outta here, time to start hydrating.

WHAAAAA! Talk to me about too hot when my bike is under it's cover in a garage surrounded by 3 feet of snow.

Then I'll be bitchen about riding to work in the morning, high 50's and then trying to figure wear to put all the extra gear for the 89 degree ride home.

:flash:

I hated being hot and sticky all the time.
Hour and a half and I'm outta here, time to start hydrating.

And you never get used to it....I have 3 lids just to rotate so I can have a dry one the next ride out.

Watch out for the happy hour crowd on the way home...........:cheers:

As long as I'm moving, a mesh suit keeps me cooler than bare skin. The sun can't touch my skin under the mesh and the wind blowing through it evaporates the sweat and acts like an AC unit. Without gear, the sun over-heats the skin, gets me burned, etc... no thanks!

I's rather sweat than bleed. :D

I'm not above riding with a simple tee shirt and levis on a hot day... gear nazis be damned! If I plan on pushing it a little I'll do some mesh with padding.

I'm not above riding with a simple tee shirt and levis on a hot day... gear nazis be damned! If I plan on pushing it a little I'll do some mesh with padding.

I hate to agree with this, but yeah.

Last week there were two 100 degree days, and I rocked a fruit of the loom armored t-shirt and normal jeans. Still do the gloves, boots, and helmet though.

However, yesterday I did 90 degrees rocking my mesh jacket and it was not that bad when moving. I am going to try and not go without the jacket from now on. I just got so used to it, feel real comfortable with it. Especially when I push the bike which I have been doing a lot more lately as the roads are getting warm as well, so the bike really sticks with these Q2's.

Hot here in central TX today (100+). On those days I ride I get up early and wear mesh pants and jacket and gloves, and start no later than 7:30 in the morning. I'm usually home in about 3 hours so it isn't real hot yet at that hour. I know people who are lazy and can't get their butts out of bed until noon but by that time it is too late. I do not like riding in the afternoon.

In the hottest parts of summer, my favorite time to ride is 1AM-4AM.. No ones on the road, and since I don't have to be into work till 1130AM I can swing the late nights :)

As long as I'm moving, a mesh suit keeps me cooler than bare skin. The sun can't touch my skin under the mesh and the wind blowing through it evaporates the sweat and acts like an AC unit. Without gear, the sun over-heats the skin, gets me burned, etc... no thanks!

I's rather sweat than bleed. :D
Says the FZ1 rider in NH. :D

Back