Woohooo!!!!

I've been searching high and low for a top triple clamp for my FZ1 so I can get back on it. New from the Yamaha shop they wanted $180 plus tax, so I figured I could get it elsewhere cheaper. I've been hunting online and calling salvage yards to no avail, but today I struck gold. The best part is? It's only $50!

For those who haven't seen my other posts, it's been 2 years since I've ridden due to it being stolen and then a twin pregnancy to follow. I've been going through some serious withdrawal lately and it's about dang time to get this bad boy going. I can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! That is awesome! :Rockon:

I'd be :wilynily: after a month of downtime if the weather was nice and the bike wasn't!

Post some pics of the install. ;)

Congrats!!! That is awesome! :Rockon:

I'd be :wilynily: after a month of downtime if the weather was nice and the bike wasn't!

Post some pics of the install. ;)

You can see that again! I was down only 2-1/2 weeks and I thought I would go "Looney Tunes". I can't imagine what I'm going to do when winter arrives. Nice find Belle, get that baby back together!

You can see that again! I was down only 2-1/2 weeks and I thought I would go \"Looney Tunes\". I can't imagine what I'm going to do when winter arrives. Nice find Belle, get that baby back together!

When I was pregnant and going through those lovely hormonal changes, I'd start crying at every motorcyclist I saw riding. Or, if I was driving on a nice stretch of road and happened to think, "This would be great on my bike" I'd break down too. LOL

Hopefully I'll have a new camera by next week, I dropped mine on vacation and it doesn't work now. C'mon payday, hurry up and get here! :)

find it on eBay?

No, ebay had a full triple tree for $85 a couple of weeks ago, but someone else got to it before I did.

I found the retailer on amazon and called them directly to ask about the part. They were very helpful and the guy is even throwing in an extra bolt for my gas tank cap.

I already replaced the gas tank cap, seat lock, brake lever (it was completely sheered off), and the battery is out and charging.

Still need to drain the gas tank and get new gas. What do you all think about changing the oil? It probably only had about 400 miles on the last oil change, but it's also been improperly winterized. Unfortunately I left it sitting in my driveway over 2 winters so I'm concerned about what damage that might have caused it.

Still need to drain the gas tank and get new gas. What do you all think about changing the oil? It probably only had about 400 miles on the last oil change, but it's also been improperly winterized. Unfortunately I left it sitting in my driveway over 2 winters so I'm concerned about what damage that might have caused it.

It's cheap insurance to change the oil, I would. Sitting outside over winter with the changes in temperature, up and down can cause condensation both in the tank and in the crankcase. Might be OK, but why mess around.

So I bought the part and it arrived about 2 weeks ago. I believe the day it arrived was the day it also started downpouring. Between the weather and being busy with school/kids/house etc, I haven't had a chance to put it on. Finally I played hooky from class today since the weather is decent. I removed the old top triple clamp and put on the new one. Although I don't have the bolts to actually attach the ignition to the bike, I set up the wiring under the tank so at least it's plugged in. Last but not least, I put the battery back in. Hoping to see at least some headlights or something light up on the panel, I put in the key... and NOTHING. I double checked my work and looked under the seat. There's a fuse? hanging out and I'm not sure where it's from.. certainly nothing I touched with the work I did, but maybe something the guys who stole it messed up. But it was running when the tow truck driver first got on the scene?

Maybe the battery is dead? I charged it on the trickle charger for 2 three hour sessions and then again for 1 hour today.

I found a pic online of what I'm talking about. It's a little yellow thing with 2 prongs like those that are plugged into this box.
Motorcycle+Wiring+012.jpg

So yeah, I'm really depressed and I don't know what to do next. I gave it my best shot so it looks like I'll have to fork over the money to let the shop look at it. Money I don't really have. Man, I'm going to cry in a corner somewhere. :(

Fuse

If the fuse is Yellow like the one in the picture it should have the number 20 in white on top. 20amp fuse is most likely your "Main". pull it out of the holder and check by holding it up to a light. The little"s" shaped piece inside the plastic that connects the two prongs should be in one piece and connected at each end to a prong. If this is not the case just replace the fuse. It is very easy to blow this fuse if you happened to acidentaly touch the frame while connecting the battery terminals. I have done this myself. Just replace the fuse, it should fix your problem. The ignition, headlight, tailight are all run through this fuse.

Back