Winter already, what happened to Fall

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
We received a most depressing 12" of snow yesterday. Spent most of my day knocking snow out of our ornamental trees to keep them from being destroyed. The big oaks littered the back yard enough to keep me and my chainsaw busy for the next couple of days. We still have a lot of our town with out power and many roads are closed because of fallen trees and power lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man! And I thought our measley 2.2" was a catastrophy! I feel bad for ya bud. It was definitely a freak storm. It should be close to the 60's for the rest of this coming week so hopefully it will melt quickly.

we only got about 2-3" and I live in the boonies power flickered on and off during the morning but that was about it.unfortunatly our furnace isnt working so we only had a space heater to go on.

We received a most depressing 12" of snow yesterday. Spent most of my day knocking snow out of our ornamental trees to keep them from being destroyed. The big oaks littered the back yard enough to keep me and my chainsaw busy for the next couple of days. We still have a lot of our town with out power and many roads are closed because of fallen trees and power lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A snow day already, wow! We are supposed to get our first snow tonight and through tomorrow, but nothing too serious yet. Just enough to make the parents of the trick or treaters grumpy tomorrow. I was out riding again yesterday and will be today. There is a chill in the air and the leaves are all but gone. Most of the colors now are shades of brown. I suspect this is it for the season.

IMG_0995.jpg

we got about 4 or 5 inches in snow but the power went out 830 saturday night and the power company said i should have power by wednesday......first flooding now now power whats next a swarm of locusts:confused0024: and i dont even live in the woods

Last edited:
Here not yet. last year it was snowin already this time of year. Now it's about 18 degrees(celsius) and great wheater to ride. I hope it stays like this a little longer and maybe the winter is not so long as last year :)

We got about 7" where I am. We lost the power for almost 5 hrs but I have a small digital generator that kept the heat, hot water and fridge running. It was in the middle of the night so it wasn't a big deal to lose it at that time other than me running cords at 3:30am. Of course, the power came back on about 35 minutes after I relented and hooked up the generator.

Most of the snow is gone already.

Back