Windscreen: Givi or Cee Bailey?

I'm on the verge of ordering a windscreen. I'm tired of my "ghetto windscreen mod" where I cut up the lid of a Sterline tub to make a ~4" extension to the stock screen. It worked well but looked like crap.

So I'm down to either the Givi Touring from Twisted Throttle (17" tall, supposedly as tall as my ghetto screen), or the 18" Cee Baileys screen. The CB screen is wider, which might work better, but the Givi is probably better looking.

What worries me though is how these things are measured. The stock screen, according to my measurement, is about 13" tall. So I added 4" with my ghetto mod to get 17". Looking at the photos of the Givi and Cee Bailey, I wonder if they're using the same measurement. I'd hate for the thing to end up too tall or too short. I know from my own testing that going any higher caused buffeting.

Thoughts?

Rob

I know Norm has the CeeBailey and liked it quite a bit. It's a huge screen. I have the V-Stream and it's as big as I want to go. I got the Rifle screen with the bike when I bought it used. It works well, but looks awful. I really like the Zero Gravity Sport Touring for most rides. I have the ZG Double Bubble for hot weather and the V-Stream for cold weather.

I haven't used either of the screens you mention, so let us know what you choose and how it works. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Back