Wind Protection

my friend a big role is how tall you are , what type o helmet you have ...? and many many things...a good solution is a mra windscreen

personal i am satisfy!

The stock windscreen offers very little protection. I find it hard to tuck in also due to the handlebars height. I found a bigger windscreen that looks like might be an option for touring trips but still like the sporty look of the stock screen. The Rifle windscreen looks like it might be good but I would probably only use it for trips. As a matter of fact I'm thinking of painting my windscreen to match the bikes color(red) since I never look through it. Here's the link for rifle windscreens.

Rifle windshields, windshield, fairing, fairings, accessories and parts for 2008 Yamaha FZ-1 (FZ-1 Fazer))

by the way I am 6'1"

I just got my brand new '08 on Friday and have been riding the heck out of it. However, I am already looking for different windshield options. Any suggestions or experience with different screens?

Yamaha Accessory Windscreen

Does anyone have any experience with the Yamaha Accessory screen? It looks to be a inch or so wider and a few inches taller. Does it work well?
I'm 5'11 and the stock screen is too small.

Windscreen Windscream!

It's about like it looks, much better than none, but not as good as one of those old Windjammers.

If I wanted a windscreen I'd have bought a Goldwing!:innocent: On the other hand I was on a long ride last week, and had a bird (sparrow or the like) smack off the stock screen, and thump me upon the melon at around 80 mph, ouch doesn't quite do it at that speed, it's more like "oh shit", it happened so fast that I barely had time to react. Luckily I was wearing a helmet ( a rare occasion in itself), but I think the guy I was riding with may have soiled himself when he saw it happen. We pulled off the interstate to check for damage, the bike was fine, my custom shoei was a nasty mess, but likewise undamaged after a lot of squeegying at the gas station. The funny thing was, he was really shaken up by the whole thing, while I just wanted to finish the last 100 miles back to my house. He kept asking if I was ok, I said yeah, isn't that why you always wear a helmet, and he said yep, but you never wear one. Personally I think they attract big stuff, but as far as a bigger screen, nah, I like the stock one just fine, especially after if took that impact!:eek::D;):D:D

Back