Will PC3 maps work with PCV?

Gearhead82

Looks like my PCV will be arriving today. I'm not going to do a custom dyno tune for awhile because I want to make sure I have all the mods done first, etc. I noticed there seem to be a lot more PCIII maps available out there to try than PCV maps. Will PCIII maps work on the V? Any good places to download maps besides the DJ site (they only have a few)?

Thanks

Looks like my PCV will be arriving today. I'm not going to do a custom dyno tune for awhile because I want to make sure I have all the mods done first, etc. I noticed there seem to be a lot more PCIII maps available out there to try than PCV maps. Will PCIII maps work on the V? Any good places to download maps besides the DJ site (they only have a few)?

Thanks

Don't use any of the DJ maps. Junk. Head over to the yamahafz1oa.com site and get Duken's map pack. It has tons of maps in all stages from slip on to full exhaust. Also has both PCIII and PCV files. You can change one into the other though, just highlight the PCIII fuel values of the map you want and save it has a PCV map file.

You can import PCIII maps in to the PCV software. It just adds the mising column by averaging the columns on either side and rounding up.

+1 on the Dunken maps.

The PCV showed up and I got it installed during lunch. Loaded Duken's Stage II map for PCV. It's raining so I just played around in 1st gear in the parking lot and it's way rich on the low end and bogs pretty bad so I'll have to play around with it when it's dry. No laptop with me at work so I haven't been able to plug it in with the bike running to see if TPS is calibrated, etc. . .

The PCV showed up and I got it installed during lunch. Loaded Duken's Stage II map for PCV. It's raining so I just played around in 1st gear in the parking lot and it's way rich on the low end and bogs pretty bad so I'll have to play around with it when it's dry. No laptop with me at work so I haven't been able to plug it in with the bike running to see if TPS is calibrated, etc. . .

Yea, first thing you need to do is set the opening and closing points on it. Otherwise, it may not run right...

Back