Wild Hogs 2!!!!!!!

85vmax

I'll be leaving in 6 1/2 hours on my roadtrip to the Blue Ridge Mountains in Georgia.
We do this every year, but usually in cooler May, so we had some setbacks this year.
A 954, RC-51 and my FZ1 will meet up at cabin we rented for 8 days with a Speed Triple, 919, and a 996 from Pa.
We usually do the Gap & Cherohalla on Tuesday & Thursday, so if you see a Triple and FZ surrounded by 4 Hondas, you will know "who dat" is.

pictures forthcomming.......

Those aren't Harleys. You don't need to truck them.

Yes that is always a issue with real riders, but i'm always glad I do.
13 hours to get here, 5 of that in rain on floridas turnpike and I-75.
I'm dry, plus have the extras I need.
Last year two of us picked up nails.....I always now bring a set of tires...etc.
I try to enjoy myself as much as I can with the least headache as possible.

I've had to ride home in heavy rain on four of the last six trips, about 440 miles. This spring we trailered and it rained for only the last fifty miles, but we were still dry.:shine:

Well.......first day out, 100 miles in, and the FZ high sided on the only really sharp hairpin on route 180 on the way to Askra.
No pics cause we had to get it out off the road, but a couple pics off the damage, and skid marks. I had to ride it back30 miles without a right foot peg and the bars facing north to get back to the cabin.
Cracked fairings, lots of rash, broken right peg and rear set. but the Frame sliders did their job, and my pro contour fatty bars did theirs also, dug into the asphalt and kept the bike from going down the hill.....not bent, just tweaked the risers and forks.
Messed up my favorite lid, tore up a brand new pair of smx2 gloves, JR jacket did it's job also,and the dragon jeans did not tear.....even though I skidded a couple feet on pavement and ended up 25 feet from the road, 2 feet from a tree, and 3 feet from a huge drop off.
I'm sore all over...right knee and ankle a bit beat up....migh.t not make it for tomorrow...may need a day or two befor I can get on the bike.
We already fixed it up to be road worthy.....passenger peg is now my rider peg etc.
At least my wife took it well when I called her tonight.

Last edited:
Have fun and be careful of any "friendly" hiway patrolmen. :nono:

vlcsnap-67522.png

Well.......first day out, 100 miles in, and the FZ high sided on the only really sharp hairpin on route 60.
No pics cause we had to get it out off the road, but a couple pics off the damage, and skid marks. I had to ride it back30 miles without a right foot peg and the bars facing north to get back to the cabin.
Cracked fairings, lots of rash, broken right peg and rear set. but the Frame sliders did their job, and my pro contour fatty bars did theirs also, dug into the asphalt and kept the bike from going down the hill.....not bent, just tweaked the risers and forks.
Messed up my favorite lid, tore up a brand new pair of smx2 gloves, JR jacket did it's job also,and the dragon jeans did not tear.....even though I skidded a couple feet on pavement and ended up 25 feet from the road, 2 feet from a tree, and 3 feet from a huge drop off.
I'm sore all over...right knee and ankle a bit beat up....migh.t not make it for tomorrow...may need a day or two befor I can get on the bike.
We already fixed it up to be road worthy.....passenger peg is now my rider peg etc.
At least my wife took it well when I called her tonight.

OH CRAP!!!!
I posted my pics before I read this!!! I'm sorry to hear about your wreck. Glad that it wasn't worse.

Man sounds like you took that high side like a champ. I hope you can get back in the saddle again and not think twice about taking that nice sweeper. Hope the rest of the trip is fun and relaxing. Ride on man

Well, Sunday we did 105 miles and was cut short by my mishap.
Spent the rest of the day repairing my bike while the soreness did not set in yet.

Monday. I was able to get my foot in the boot, and bend my knee to get it on the peg, good enough....with motrin.
Did 225 miles heading over to the gap via the cherohala parkway....little tentative after the mishap, but that settled quickly and picked up the pace.

Today rain and hail for the forecast"recoup time...for me....3 of the guys went out for a ride.

,pics will follow.

Back