Why Did You Buy your FZ1 ?

Rented HD for 10 years. Wife said, "kids are gone/grown. Go buy a bike." I was shopping Hayabusa and ZX-14 (probably for my ego) for five years. Wife's co-worker races R6s as an amateur. He tells her, "If I rode a street bike it would be a Yamaha FZ1." I find mine on Sacramento Craigslist in Auburn, CA the next day, 2/9/11. I call the owner the next day. He bought it with 151 miles on it. Owned it for 4 years, but only put 2450 on the odometer. Went out to to see it on 2/11/11, test rode it and bought it that day by noon. My first motorcycle that was NOT a basket-case. It just turned 11,000.

I have only ridden for 8 years, and am a demo ride junkie. Tried out many bikes, and did so for years. My first bike was a Kawasaki. So as early as 2003, I liked the Z1000 as far as the riding position, engine performance, handling, etc. But the appearance and styling just left me cold. The later model Z1000s came along, but I still was not very fond. Finally, I liked the Ninja 1000, but they were new, and my budget would not embrace the price. Then I did another demo ride and discovered the FZ1. Really liked everything about the bike, but I was still looking at a new bike price. And then I discovered that the FZ1 had been in existence since 2001, and the second gen since 2006. So for a little over 1/2 the price of a new bike I bought a 2009 with <600 miles on it. I still grin every time I ride the bike. Absolutely wonderful, with 100% reliability. I am very happy with this product, and the web sites are the icing on the cake. Thanks to all who make this possible.

I was riding a 1992 Kawasaki Concours and wanted a smaller bike and was looking a FZ6, built SV650s, CBR600s and the like. I had sat on an FZ1 at the bike show, so when one came available locally on Craig's List for a good price, I checked it out and bought it the next day. All it needed was tires.

I got a wild hair to have a sport bike. Undeniable, it might as well have been a message from a burning bush to me. probably mid-life crisis really... :)
So I went and test rode cbr600rr's, cbr1000rr's, and a gixxer600, I was really close to buying a cbr1000rr, and then I discovered the Fz1 on the internet. I found one at a dealer, (2008 gen2) took it for a ride and bought it immediately. It was still stupid fast but was way more comfortable than the others I had rode. I liked the others a lot too but my test rides were short and I had strong doubts about how comfortable a long ride would be.
I was stupid, I bought it without really checking it out, I didn't know if it was a good deal, I was high on adrenalin from test ride. Made every buyer's mistake there is. Turns out my price paid wasn't too bad, not great, but ok, the previous owner had put a lot of money into cosmetics and nice stuff so my price paid doesn't really feel bad at all. Anyway, I LOVE the bike, I have put 2000.00 into it myself for performance upgrades, I plan to keep it until it won't run anymore.

because I just loved the street look of the bike, it's freaking awesome..! My FZ1n is perfect for my adrenalin fix every time I ride it..

Back