Who's used an Aerostich Roadcrafter here?

So I suppose I'll be the first to try one here as I've just purchased a used one from a local guy for $380. We'll see how much easier it makes my day-to-day life

My 'Stitch jacket absorbed a direct shoulder hit from a 70mph high side with pretty good protection. It was repairable and so was I (after a looong rehab). I trust the product but don't like the lack of proper ventilation.

Did you get a one or two piece?

I got the one piece. I've already used it today for my commute to work. I must admit, it's pretty awesome just throwing on my jeans and a hoodie and stepping in and out of my gear in under a minute. As much as I like the snug fit of my 2-piece leathers, this is really something I should have bought a long time ago as it makes every day commuting so much easier.

I got a 44L and it fits quite well, not nearly as bulky as the Fieldsheer version I tried on the other day. I have girly arms so they're a bit loose but the rest fits quite well and it doesn't seem to flap about much at all.

You got a sweet deal. I've been rocking the 'Stich for years now. It really is one of the best pieces of gear you can own. Made in USA with top quality materials. I also have the one piece Roadcrafter and I love it...

If you keep your eyes peeled, they pop up on Ebay every now and then. A lot of people spell it incorrectly as "AerostiTch" instead of Aerostich, so if you search typing it that way you may even find a better deal...

They also will do just about any alteration you want and have a quick turn around time. So if you find one that need a few inches taken out or whatever, they can do that too...

I've only got a few days usage out of my Roadcrafter but I'm already sold on it. I have been unfortunate enough to test it in pouring rain, snow and hail and it's been completely waterproof so far

What a handy piece of gear. Nice quality too

1 month update and I have to say it's an impressive piece of kit. The build quality is fantastic and I can see how Aerostich justifies the huge MSRP for a new one.

The convenience it gives me was in itself worth the small price I paid for a used one, never mind the fact it's been completely waterproof and is very warm. I don't even use my heated vest any more. Compared to last winter, I had to have my vest on every day or I have frozen to death.

Great purchase. I would recommend one to anyone who commutes. Well, anyone really.

And hey, it's made in America! The quality shows..

I've heard nothing but good things about Aerostich products. I have the Tourmaster equivalent myself. It's really nice in bad weather.

Its amazing how the right gear can give great protection and obviate the need for heated electrics. I realized this after 4 years when I bought my Tourmaster Flex 2 textile/mesh jacket. I used to wear leather jackets with a hoodie underneath and was still cold. Nowadays I just put on the jacket with its 3 layers and it just works. Textile gear rocks for winter commuting! I wouldn't wear textile for my weekend romps - only full leathers there.

Can't wait to try those touring oriented jackets/suits made by Teknic/Firstgear/Aerostitch.

Last edited:
The leathers are hanging up in the closet relegated for weekend fun and trackdays now. Can't say I miss grocery shopping in leather trousers and all the noises they make walking around.

It's a good thing my heated vest is not necessary anymore, I'm too fat for it now :(

Back