who makes the best modular helmet?

skote

simply i would like to hear peoples experience on the best quality modular helmet or should i just get the scorpion exo1000 ive had my finger on the trigger for some time now...the scorpion i can pick up for bout 160 bucks but im willing to pay up to 300 bucks for a good modular...a flip down sun shield is an absolute must because i wear glasses and sunglasses are not an option and i have no interest in swaping shields

Revzilla has good prices and they usually do a video deal on groups of similar products from the lest expensive to most expensive. They give you a good 360 view and all the info on them its pretty useful.

simply i would like to hear peoples experience on the best quality modular helmet or should i just get the scorpion exo1000 ive had my finger on the trigger for some time now...the scorpion i can pick up for bout 160 bucks but im willing to pay up to 300 bucks for a good modular...a flip down sun shield is an absolute must because i wear glasses and sunglasses are not an option and i have no interest in swaping shields

I've seen the $200 Bell on sale everywhere for around $100 (I think its called the revolver?). Not sure if the Bell is in the class you're for. I have one, it's just OK, a little noisy but comfortable.

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time trying out modulars because I wanted to find a helmet that was convenient for daily riding and etc. I ended up getting an HJC CL-Max but hated it. It was very cheap, noisy and heavy.

I have tried the Shoei, Scorpion and Nolan offerings and couldn't find anything I really saw myself using every day; until I tried the Schuberth. Excellent helmet, very well made. Shame about the $700 price tag.

I've seen the $200 Bell on sale everywhere for around $100 (I think its called the revolution?). Not sure if the Bell is in the class you're for. I have one, it's just OK, a little noisy but comfortable.

The good thing about the Bell is, you can get a photosensitive shield. I freaking love mine! No swapping shields, no wearing sunglasses, it's great!!

I have a Bell Revolver. List price was $200 and I got mine at Jafrum for $78.

It is a nice helmet but you do get a lot of wind noise, I just wear ear plugs if I'm going on a ride of over 100 miles.

I had one of them modular helmets and it made my head look too big....forgot what brand it was but wound up selling it and getting a Fly Paradigm Full Face...with dark smoke shield....

I had the biggest POS for a while. It was a Vega Summit 2.. Total shit helmet. Then got a Nolan and that was a great quality helmet but I did not want a modular anymore and went to the Shoei RF1100. What a good move.

IF you need a modular, you cant beat Nolans for a normal persons price range.

My First modular was a HJC. Which was big and noisy. After thst I had a Nolan this was better but was not impressed with the overall quality. Now I have a Schuberth which I believe is the best so far. All had intergrated sun visors.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I've been doing a lot of research on modular helmets myself. So far the best I've found for the money is the bell revolver evo. Its got a built in sun visor, speaker pockets, and heavy duty locks for chin section.

Schuberth is the best quality modular helmet that you can get at the moment. But they sure are expensive.

For the best go to schuberth but for the best bang for your buck you really need to look further. Think you will end up at Nolan with the new N104.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

There's really no style to those though. Most modulars are bland at best, And the Nolan looks like the release is on the front of the chin. So if you go down chin first you're almost guaranteed to pop the helmet open and grind your chin.

Back