White flashing lights...

Stuuk1

Hi all, not posted in a while, but I'm back with a question!

Being that I do alot of night riding in the winter months here in England, I'm after some sort of White flashing LED light, from and rear.

My question is how to achieve this? A 12v repeater from eBay would do the job? Or do 'repeaters' just act as an amplifier for additional load? I just want some sort Of 12v relay to click on and off that I an wire via a switch on my dash...

Thanks!

Pick up a headlight modulator and instead of wiring it to the headlights, wire it to any motorcycle LED accent lighting you can find. Wire one set to the high beam and one to the low beam and you'll have flashing lights. Wire in a panel switch so you can turn them on or off easily. Something like this: HEADLIGHT MODULATOR DIAMOND STAR SIGNAL DYNAMICS on eBay! and LED lights can be found at any automotive store. You'll just have to decide where to locate them. People often choose the front fender skirts or mirror stalks and on the rear, the back side of the pillion peg brackets. :tup:

Cheers buddy! Struggling to find anything here in the UK...

With that sort of unit can I not just wire straight from the battery instead of tapping off of existing wiring? I'd prefer to wire from the battery, with an inline fuse to the unit and then away from that to a switch and then off to the two LED's (front and rear)..

Cheers buddy! Struggling to find anything here in the UK...

With that sort of unit can I not just wire straight from the battery instead of tapping off of existing wiring? I'd prefer to wire from the battery, with an inline fuse to the unit and then away from that to a switch and then off to the two LED's (front and rear)..

Absolutely! You can easily do exactly what you said. You can pre-wire it all together then test it first hooked up to the battery. Once you have it working the way you want, start the real wiring job.

You can ebay most of these items for cheap money. Let's see what you come up with so pics and a write-up if you do take this on. :tup:

I'm not sure about the vehicle code in the UK, but in my home state, all rear lights must be red except the turns which can be amber or red, never white. Also, if you were to have a flashing red or white on the rear, what will the drivers behind you think? You might want to reconsider a flashing light on the rear. I had a tail light that would pulse for a few seconds as the brake was used before it turned solid, but it didn't just pulse all the time.

I saw a Busa this morning with flashing blue LED's, looked really cool in the dark...I think I'd like to get some myself...but it would definitely give my Rockwall stalker cop yet ANOTHER reason to follow me an pull me over. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back