Which Sliders?

Is the sliders for show or for use?

A friend of mine bought sliders that looked good but they splintered as glass when the bike fell of the side stand. I bought the Yamaha original sliders and they will fit even with the full fairing.

Remember to put sliders on the aluminium back swing since this cost 40.000 NOK (about 7000 USD) if it gets bent or destroyed on the racetrack.

/AGM

Here is a set and they come with free swingarm spools if you order direct from their site. 06-11FZ-1freegift My only concern is that these seem to be a little short for my tastes. But the price is right! 2006-2009 Yamaha FZ1 Frame Sliders is the Gen II FZ1 page and they are $39.95.

Went through the order process - $US34 to mail to Aus is a bit steep...

$40 + $34 = $74 Vs T-Rex @ $13 + $18 (Shipping) - That is a pretty big difference... but T-Rex won't be back in stock for 6 weeks...

Anyways - With the OES ones, there are two sizes, measured in some crazy made up measurement system called 'Inches' :D ... 1 3/4 or 2 Inch... will they both fit a FZ1S???

Cheers,
Daewoo

Is the sliders for show or for use?

A friend of mine bought sliders that looked good but they splintered as glass when the bike fell of the side stand.

Good point! Of note to all? Delrin sliders will shatter into pieces if they are very cold but hold up well when not cold. I can provide testament to that!

T Rex never seems to have FZ1 sliders in stock when I was looking last spring.
I have the Shogun Sliders on my 08, cheap $31.44, have not crash tested nor do I want to.
Link..Amazon.com: SHOGUN / DMP / B2 IND PR/SHOGUN FRAME SLIDER BLK YAMAHA FZ1 '06-07 750-6809: Automotive

I have the Shoguns on mine. Dropped my bike, literally, stopped at an intersection (don't ask) :doh2:, and suffered no damage to any other part of the bike. The slider has a small scuff but that's all.

Thanks but are there any other sliders that are cheap and good? The graves are nice but about 3x the price of T rex.

be careful of the cheap frame sliders you may wind up throwing them in trash or worse yet they could ruin your bike.

I bought a cheap set on ebay and they cracked on the install when I tightened them on. went to shogun and their was a huge difference in quality.

I have the Shoguns on mine. Dropped my bike, literally, stopped at an intersection (don't ask) :doh2:, and suffered no damage to any other part of the bike. The slider has a small scuff but that's all.

I ordered a set of Shoguns too. My EBay el cheapos just don't cut it and are out of here when the Shoguns turn up.

Back