Which Shoei red (monza/wine) is closest to Yamaha Shift Red?

I think the Wine Red would be the better match as well. The Monza Red is more of fire engine red and not even close to our red. Also don't forget that since the helmet is separated from the bike by the rider it doesn't have to be an exact match to still look good.

I agree that the Monza is too bright to go with the bike. I also think the Wine is wrong for the bike, but would be the better choice between the two. I know the graphics are a bit more, but I first considered a 2006 Red FZ1 before finding a better deal on an 2007 (faster) Cobalt Blue. I had looked at many RF-1100 helmets to go with the red and decided on the Strife 2 TC-1 for me:
RF-1100-Strife2-TC-1.jpg

I would have gone with the blue Strife 2, but I thought the blue was a little bright to go with the bike and changed my mind.

If I was getting a red FZ1 now, I think I'd go with the Sever 2 TC-1
RF-1100-Sever2-TC-1.jpg
RF-1100-Sever2-TC-1-rear.jpg

I'm not sure what prices you are looking at for your RF-1100, but I got my Diabolic Revelation TC-5
RF-1100-Diabolic-Re-TC-5.jpg
RF-1100-Diabolic-Re-TC-5rear.jpg

from Competition Accessories. I had to email them for their 'best price'. That helmet retails for $524.99 and the best price I'd seen advertised was around $472.00 or so. I think Shoei puts a limit on the lowest advertised price, which is why you have to email for the best price. I received a reply with a link to buy the helmet for about $412.72 if I remember correctly. Free shipping and no tax for IL, at least. I hope that helps you make your decision and you get a good price for the RF-1100. I've really loved the helmet and I'm sure you will too. I'd strongly recommend a pin-lock shield and insert if you ever ride in cool weather. Let us know what you buy.

Last edited:
Don't know if you've done the deed yet, but here's a photo of my wine red Shoei Raid 2 with the bike. Looks pretty close in the sunshine :shine:

017.jpg

018.jpg

Thanks for posting those pics. It does look pretty close out in the sun. Like I said earlier since the helmet doesn't normally sit right on the bike even if the shade is a little off it will still look good.

Thank nono! I haven't done the deed, it will have to wait. Turkey season coming up so I need to finish shopping for that and the blown rear tire on the fizzer took a chunk out as well. Soon enough! And when I do it will be Wine red unless I go with some graphics...

Back