Which Headers are available for the FZ1

sychodan

Hi all :)

Last year i bought an Arrow Header for my Fz1 , and sold it again couse i thought my vibrations got even worse with the header.

Now as i fixed my buzzing probs i want a header without a cat again.

What possibilities do i have?
i want to keep my akra slip on.

Arrow again (hmm maybe), Akrapovic (too expensive), import a yoshimura header? (whats the price for them and does it fit with the akra slip on?)
any others? :)

Best regards from germany!
Dan

The Yoshi and Akra headers won't fit your existing slip on.
You need to either go for an Arrow header, a holeshot header or sell your slip on and buy a full system.

Sent from my SG3

Power wise, no.
Budget wise, better.
Don't forget the other variables. The proper map is needed to achieve optimum results.

But why is that so ? :)

Diameter of the pipe. The bigger the better....to a point. Allows the engine to breathe better. Of course you also want more air in the engine (filter, LARS mod, stacks, etc) also. In order for the ECU to compensate for big volume of air you need the Power Commander to add/subtract fuel in different places. That is the quick, easy explanation.

Biggest issue with the stock header is not the diameter of the pipes. It's collector pipe lengths are a packaging compromise in order to fit the catalytic convertor. Gutting the cat will not change the fundamental design compromise . . .The Arrow and Akra header designs are very similar (to each other) and make more midrange than the stock. The Yosh header (and can) is the best design for midrange making about 10hp more than a stock gutted header with slipon at around 7.5K. At the very top end of the rev range there actually isn't much difference in power output between stock gutted header/slipon and the Yosh / Akra / Arrow systems with headers. . .You will notice that midrange power every time you ride though . . .

Last edited:
Back