Where to find 4.8mm fastin-faston terminals for relay sockets?

EISTO

This winter I replaced the headlight relay sockets + wiring on my GenII and came across an unexpected problem. It was impossible to get hold of spare 4.8mm terminals. The standard 4.8mm terminals (that won't lock into a socket) are of course widely available, but useless for this purpose.

The companies I've found online only sell reels of thousands. Even EasternBeaver don't have them. Does anyone know where to get them in smaller numbers?

/E

Last edited:
Update

Asked around and finally found a compatible terminal at Mouser. The seem to go in and out of stock so the demand is probably not very high. Ordered a couple of hundred right away to make sure I won't run out the next couple of decades.

Hi, Craig
I suspect the postage from Norway to Australia might cost you more than ordering directly from Mouser...?
Actually, if you order for more than 100 USD from Mouser the postage is free, probably also to Australia. I ordered a few relays as well and quickly reached that sum. Their sealed Panasonic micro iso relays (SPST-NO and SPDT-BM) should be good replacements for the original (and expensive) FZ1 relays. I ordered a couple of extra to use for other purposes as well.

Last edited:
Back