Where to buy o.e.m.?

Supra_dan

Hey all.

I have searched some, especially on the forum, but have come up empty handed.

I am looking to purchase some o.e.m. body parts (accessories if you will) but I am having the hardest luck.

I went to where I purchased my bike and they can only bring up the crappy parts bin that you can pull up yourself on Yamahas website. Also, I am in the United States. I'm sure it's a lot easier over in Europe and such with the Fz1n's.

I have found a couple websites that have the pieces I want. But they are all based over seas :banghead:

So I was wondering if anybody here knew of where I can purchase such items in the U.S.?? (belly pan, rear fender etc..)

I just feel a little un-easy purchasing something from the U.K.

A lot of people here use Part Shark for OEM parts like that. I think this is a recommended site for the naked kit, for example. If you get the OEM part numbers, you can also search sites like eBay. Craigslist is another good tool.

FWIW, I've purchased tons and tons of bike parts & riding gear from Europe. You can do business 'across the pond' without worries. A lot of our Australian members order parts from North America, too

I look around for best price and service and often end up buying from overseas. A lot of my Rizoma stuff came from the States, my Brembo calipers from Italy, my suspension and rims were local to me (Australia, Suspension through my local Yamy dealer) and more of my Rizoma parts were Australia - BikeBiz.

For Belly pan most are getting the one from Greece, For you Rizoma parts would be Motovation, for OEM - Partshark. If you know the part number, your local yamy dealer should be able to get the part Yamy part you need if they are willing to. A lot of the time they don't make a lot of money on them so aren't in a rush to help, My Yamy dealer goes out of the way to help, another Yamy dealer in town I won't deal with.

First off thank you both for that info. I now have a lot more confidence in purchasing 'across the pond' ;-)
Just worried about the shipping now haha

I'll see if I can locate part numbers for those pieces I want and check out Part Shark

I never actually thought to look on ebay for o.e. I know they have a bunch of after market, but it's worth checking out.

But anyways, this is good, I found around 2-3 websites that have what I want.

p.s. it shouldn't be a problem if the currency is in like pounds or euro should it? Just automatically convert if I go to purchase?

Correct, if you use paypal or a credit card, it will convert, you do pay a small conversion fee though. If you do a direct bank transfer, the conversion fee is usually a lot higher, but you have less insurance on a direct transfer than using your credit card or paypal, so I wouldn't do that ever.

Back