Where to Buy a Gen II FZ1 Retro Kit

WABBMW

I read about quite a number of FZ1 owners changing out the body plastics to convert their bikes to the "Retro" look, with white background, and red dashed stripes and small black accent trim stripes.

Does some company specialize in making these body parts? If so, then how can they be contacted? Are they made from used Yamaha plastic body parts that are re-painted and striped? How good is the paint job quality? Do they fit well? And what price for these kits?

I know there must be answers to these questions within the site, but I cannot seem to find them. Thanks in advance for the information.

The Retro Kit is a Yamaha product which was made for the European market but some kits made it to the US....it's the same quality as what rolls off their assembly line in any other color. They are not reused parts. I think the retail price of the kit (fairing, front fender, tank, shroud, rear seat assembly, and pillion passenger cover, plus rim stripes) was about $1200, they used to be on ebay for $700 or so. Someone may have them in stock but I haven't seen any reference to them in quite awhile now. Correction: previous post has a current source.

large.jpg

Last edited:
There are probably some still in the back a few dealers but finding them will be a hunt. They are no longer made either.

You get:
Red Front Fender
Front Cowl
New Tank + Front Tank Cover
Tail
Rear Seat Cowl

I chose not to use the red fender, thought my stock white looked better.

Back