What's your winter project?

Winter project :
Get my 69 Mustang Mach I fuel system cleaned out and reassemble the fuel system and carburetor. Doctor up all the support systems - cooling, ignition, charging, etc. Fluids -- do the brakes - and get that fine piece of machinery out on the road.

We just bought a house and my wife is expecting our first baby on April, so it looks like my winter project is going to be life in general, and it loos like it's going to be a busy winter.

Regrout the shower...Maybe I can find some carbon fiber grout and make it interesting. And some Yamaha decals to put in the shower, the wife would love that.

Like Dustin, Im gonna try not to fall over and stay warm. Luckily it doesnt get too cold down here.

I'd like to put some levers on and a Copperdawg screen. It depends on how much money I have left after my daughters Christmas list.

Well Phase 1 of Project XV920R appears to have been a success. Phase 2 will begin in a few weeks, transplanting the FJ600 front end; forks, triple, brakes and front wheel.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

I've got a cbr1000f that was put away 14 years ago for a weak spark... Going to clean it all up and troubleshoot the electrical... Then by the time summer rolls around, I'm going to sell it and get myself an fz1!

I want to get my '95 CBR600F3 running again - been 2 yrs since it was last cranked. The front brake reservoir let go sometime in last summer's heat and hyd fluid drooled down the brake lever and down the body work on that side. I have gotten all but one of the decals I need and rebuild kits for the reservoir and the wheel kits. Just a matter of getting the time.....

In the process of looking for a pre 2004 HD Sportster to build. Have had a few in the past and for some reason have the urge to build another one.

In the process of looking for a pre 2004 HD Sportster to build. Have had a few in the past and for some reason have the urge to build another one.

That's interesting... your choice of pre 2004. That was the year of the rubber engine mounts beginning and frame change. Can't help but wonder why and what the plan is ...

not too cold down hear but I do have a winter project this year.
CB350.jpg

Will find or replace my battery trickle-charger so I don't have to start next spring off with a new cell.

Oh - and rearsets and clip-ons to prepare for some spring track time. I will look at removing some weight for this, but don't know how much I can really improve since I can't afford light-weight wheels.

That's interesting... your choice of pre 2004. That was the year of the rubber engine mounts beginning and frame change. Can't help but wonder why and what the plan is ...

I have owned a few solid mount Sportsters over the years and actually just prefer the raw feeling of the earlier evo's. Thinking of building this one flat track style, think XR750. Something like this.

Back