What's your cage?

My baby. Never gets driven but maybe 7,000 miles a year. Use it just for taking out dirt bike or pulling toy hauler. Love my diesel though

Then there is my daily driver when I cant use the bike - 2006 chevy Malibu

or the wifes car

2013 chevy malibu

My Rainy Day Ride:

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, Bought her in Fall 2005 with 10k miles, currently at 120k. Love this car, will never sell it.
IMG_20130620_113819_zpsbd5efe3c.jpg

The Wife's Ride:

2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Crew Cab. Use this for camping, hauling the dogs and mountain bikes around, etc.
20140127_164547_zpsrnylkyse.jpg

I like my cars small, agile and fast. Bought this new at the start of 2005 and for the first five years it was my daily driver and frequent track toy averaging 20,000km a year. Now the bike is my daily and the car only gets driven 200 to 300km a month. Mechanically almost nothing has been left standard.
file-36.jpg

WP0747.jpg

Ended up on a bike because I can't find another car that is more fun to drive than the Lotus. Can't see myself ever selling it.

For rain and during snow season,and family get around car, i drive a 2008 GLI with a DSG transmission,the scirocco next to it use to be my fun thing but finaly sold it to my brother after many years of him bugging me for it...(wich is kinda cool because i still toy around with it once in a while)

501FD987-6955-41CE-B7F7-30C34986AA78.jpg

Va- I saw your car the day you posted it :p

Oldschool- you need to get a plow for that bad boy.

I tried looking for a lotus around here but couldn't find one acceptable.

I will be purchasing the S4 tomorrow hopefully. I was approved for financing at my local credit union.

Thanks for sharing guys!

DDs are my '86 GT vert and another '86 GT hatch I bought new in '86. I just got the red one back on the road - after 300,000 miles I rebuilt/stroked the 5.0 to a 331. Pretty fun on the street... :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

DDs are my '86 GT vert and another '86 GT hatch I bought new in '86. I just got the red one back on the road - after 300,000 miles I rebuilt/stroked the 5.0 to a 331. Pretty fun on the street...

Awesome. Years ago I had a 67 Ford F100 that had the factory 240 in it and 3 speed on the tree... I made it about 2 weeks... bought a brand new 302 block. Stroked it up to 347... Ditched the tranny and put in a T-10 toploader.. 4 on the floor with a top speed of about 80mph... but it would get there quick. After initial break-in and oil change, I took it out, revved it up and dumped the clutch... sheared off both motor mounts and the engine smacked into the hood.... Once I got it all sorted though, that thing was a monster. It's amazing how much power you can squeeze out of that little 5.0 block.

Lol on the engine twist, va_rider. Those 30-year-old factory mounts didn’t have a prayer!

Since Sactown2008 went all classic on us, (nice El Camino, Sac!) I’ll post-up my wife’s weekend cruiser. (We bought it back in 1980:)

attachment.php

Between my wife and I we have a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer hatchback and a 2001 Subaru Legacy wagon. Our family is growing so we're looking at trading the Lancer on some kind of SUV like a Touareg or XC90. I see a couple of G37 drivers here. My best friend drives a G37x and has been generous enough to let me take it out and hose on it a couple of times. What an awesome car! It's a lot like an FZ1; solid, planted, feels like quality, but faster than most stuff on the road and certainly enough to keep you interested.

Back