Whats With The Points System ?

i noticed theres a point's system running along side each user or member , what does this represent :confused: besides how many posts one has made . i think its a good idea though , only dont understand it fully .

p.s. thanks in advance MEAN 1 :)

vBExperience is an advanced level and activity system. It will calculate an activity and experience score for every user based on their activites on the forum. Now your users will see how their level is increasing by participating on your forum.

Communities are not only defined by post count, they need much more parameters: Are the postings the user creates helpful? Are his threads frequently read? Does the user participate on the community by posting pictures, attachments, leaving visitor messages, tagging threads?

There are mainly four things visible for the users: The users score, his level, his next level up in % and his activity in %.

Calculation of the score
Taken into calculation are these things:
Threads
- Created threads
- Thread views of own threads
- Thread replies of own threads
- Thread votes of own threads
- Thread tags (vBulletin 3.7)
- Replies to own threads
- Sticky threads

- Views on attachments

User
- Days since registration
- Referrals
- Received infractions
- Reputation / Use of reputation system
- Visitor messages on profiles (vBulletin 3.7)
- Members of own social groups (vBulletin 3.7)
- Albumpictures (vBulletin 3.7)
- Friends (vBulletin 3.7)

Misc
Additionally there is support for 3rd party addons:
- Post Thank You / Use of Post Thank You
- LDM Links and Downloads Manager
- DownloadsII
- PhotoPost Gallery
- Cyb Paypal Donate
- vBulletin Blog
- Who Downloaded This Attachment?

http://www.998cc.org/forum/xperience.php

Gotta love this whole point system, I'm still struggling at times in figuring out how they exactly work (sister forum). Hey J, are we having any arcade competition here as well?

how do i find out more about cyb pay pal donate?
go to the top of the page where it says, home gallery forum tunes etc....put the cursor over donations and go down to donation system. I don't know if that helped or answered your question.
Hey J, are we having any arcade competition here as well?

Yep....arcade is up and running....do I need to start some tournaments?

go to the top of the page where it says, home gallery forum tunes etc....put the cursor over donations and go down to donation system. I don't know if that helped or answered your question.

Yep....arcade is up and running....do I need to start some tournaments?

Sounds like a plan............. is sportrider playing, i lost to him the last time.:(

As my first official moderator action, I have made this thread a sticky as new members will likey wonder and find the information useful. ;)

Back